slip n slide

how long till they're out of business?

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

How long does anyone think the charter/6pack/for-hire sector can remain out of work w/o going under? anybody actually going out on those or are they shut down too?

13 mins ago, slip n slide said:

How long does anyone think the charter/6pack/for-hire sector can remain out of work w/o going under? anybody actually going out on those or are they shut down too?

Theyre shut down here in NJ as they are deemed "non-essential". I know NJ put out a 90 day grace period of mortgages; maybe something similar could be put in place for boat payments?  Really really sucks for the for hire crowd right now.

I have a plumbing business and consider essential, but we are in the resort area and this is usually our busiest time of year getting places ready for the tourists. As of today we are down. 92%. Once this is over no one is going to have money left except for essential items. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

We may not be too happy about their harvesting ethics.......   But I would never wish business failure on anyone.......

Not sure if Boat will count as mortgages, same might be asked of RV's...........

25 days ago I bought a new snowmobile.......  Darn certain that won't have no grace period.....  skidoo grand touring

Grace periods will also free up some temporary cash for people to get the ball rolling again for the economy.......

Edited by salt deficient

Posted (edited) · Report post

I dont wish any ill will against anyone. But, if less captain's offered fairs outta this I wouldn't shed a tear. 

I was brought up around charter boats guys. The less pics of wired jig fish killed I see, the better.

Edited by Haycreekrambler

8 hours ago, salt deficient said:

We may not be too happy about their harvesting ethics.......   But I would never wish business failure on anyone.......

Not sure if Boat will count as mortgages, same might be asked of RV's...........

25 days ago I bought a new snowmobile.......  Darn certain that won't have no grace period.....  skidoo grand touring

Grace periods will also free up some temporary cash for people to get the ball rolling again for the economy.......

I am reasonably certain most people that own RVs and snowmobiles are not using them to make a living.

23 hours ago, TheKnot said:

Death of the for-hire six packs will be the lifeblood of striped bass recovery.

kinda what I was thinkin',the shore guys do the most #'s but the boat guys get the big breeders,lets hope it gives them a chance cuz guys don't seem to understand they need to quit fishin for them for them to recover....