HardyG

Lakewood residents at it again

Rate this topic

611 posts in this topic

From NJ dot com

Coles said he has instructed Lakewood’s police chief not only to charge the people who are hosting the events, but also to fine the companies that are renting tables and chairs, and to confiscate the furniture until the crisis is over. Lipstadt, the Jewish scholar, agrees with Lakewood’s leaders that using the rabbis to get the message out is the most effective way to reach the town’s sizable Orthodox community.“There is a degree of, ‘Wait a minute, you think I should listen to the mayor of my town or the governor of my state over the Torah?’” she said. “That’s why the onus is on their leaders.“Their leadership has to come down very hard on them"

On 3/31/2020 at 10:08 AM, fishing pete said:

I heard they do block busting too.

They tell people to sell their home to them and say if they dont and we take the neighborhood your home will be worth nothing. That is illegal

They did it in Far Rockaway NY about 25 years ago. Bought up every house in a 3 or 4 block area that was owned by minorities.  My BIL's brother had lived there for 30 years and loved his neighbors, great hard working people. He asked the head Rabi when were they going to make him an offer and was told that he could stay, they were only interested in getting rid of the shvatsa's. He told him to make him an offer because he didn't want to live with them.

1 hour ago, mybeach said:

How does a place like that maintain an annual municipal budget? No property tax? Where does the money come from?

Oct 09, 2015 · Lakewood: 350 Orthodox properties tax-exempt.  LAKEWOOD The total number of tax-exempt yeshivas, synagogues and other religious properties owned by the Orthodox Jewish community is in the hundreds, not the thousands, as many here seem to believe, the township’s tax assessor says.

$ comes from anyone who hasn't left yet.

It's exactly like Ramapo, NY and will most likely implode if it hasn't already.

3 hours ago, charloots said:

Do you have trouble on all of your social media platforms, on just here on SOL? You seem to struggle here.

Nope....

I'm not the one that's struggling' here

2 hours ago, looney tunes said:

I have never heard of this light switch nonsense before. Who turns on the light in the middle of the night when they get up to take a piss? Some weird stuff.

Good lord....and we havn't even touched on the sheet/sex thing

You  at least know you can't shake their womens hands, right?

2 mins ago, makorider said:

Good lord....and we havn't even touched on the sheet/sex thing

You  at least know you can't shake their womens hands, right?

I don't come in contact with this group of people. I've seen them from afar, sounds like I might want to keep it that way.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:52 PM, The Fishing Nerd said:

That bunch seems to have an issue no matter where they are.  Not much better in Brooklyn:

5qochw7ehsp41.jpg

I have a few friends that work in this firehouse and the firefighter that was sneezed on was Muslim so it is being looked at as a possible hate crime.

6 mins ago, looney tunes said:

I don't come in contact with this group of people. I've seen them from afar, sounds like I might want to keep it that way.

that's great advice for everyone who isn't one of them:th:

6 mins ago, looney tunes said:

My closest encounters are on the Garden State Parkway, stopping at the Cheesequake rest area. Every time I stop on way up or back from VT, sure enough I see them.

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Had to attend a meeting at a project site in Middletown NY one evening on a Sunday...they were paying me triple time plus driving time and mileage so I agreed.....but they didn't warn me about the Parade coming out of the Catskills at 11:00PM heading back to NYC.....what a show that was....bumper to bumper Freaks.....4 hrs on the road to get back to Jersey but the Show was out of control....

Yeah I see them on the Thruway too.

6 mins ago, Retainer said:

My closest encounters are on the Garden State Parkway, stopping at the Cheesequake rest area. Every time I stop on way up or back from VT, sure enough I see them.

You should go trout fishing at lake shenadoah.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

You should go trout fishing at lake shenadoah.  

I’ll pass I think. Full of fish or something else?

i need to look up where it is.

Edited by Retainer