SurfCaster01289

Eelskin Gliders?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Closest I have seen is the eelskin needle I have, but at the moment I cannot remember the manufacturer.  Not sure if the glider action would be impeded by the drag of the eelskin.

26 mins ago, FlatWing said:

Closest I have seen is the eelskin needle I have, but at the moment I cannot remember the manufacturer.  Not sure if the glider action would be impeded by the drag of the eelskin.

I’d imagine the action would really suffer on most, however maybe one or two have a strong enough kick...might have to try.

3 mins ago, patabate said:

I read once that “an eel skin is better than any paint job you can put on a plug”. Very good advice. 

I'd agree though with a niche plug like the glider the effect might not be ideal. The problem i've had lately has been finding eels big enough to make skins for most plugs.

I don’t think a glider is all that niche. I just think it swims in the water Column nicely and differently than a needle, and add a little glide into that and it could be deadly in shallow water. 

On 3/30/2020 at 0:30 AM, FlatWing said:

Sorry for the wait - my eel skins needle is a Choopy 1.5oz eel skin needlefish in light blue over off white with a single belly hook treble.

8 hours ago, FlatWing said:

Sorry for the wait - my eel skins needle is a Choopy 1.5oz eel skin needlefish in light blue over off white with a single belly hook treble.

I like the choppy needles because of the cut out on the sides. Reminds me of some of my stetzcos