mets41

Any open Tackle shops???

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Are there any open tackle shops or stores to get braided line on some reels?  Central or North Jersey?? I know everything is shut down but figured I"d ask.

34 mins ago, mets41 said:

Are there any open tackle shops or stores to get braided line on some reels?  Central or North Jersey?? I know everything is shut down but figured I"d ask.

You might have to buy spools and put it on yourself. Some shops have an online presence, and some are doing curbside pick up only.

if you do buy online, try to buy through local shops and not Amazon. A lot of mom and pop outdoor shops rely heavily on the spring (striper season, trout season, turkey hunting). These local shops are the life blood of our sports, and are going to be in big trouble from this.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I hate to say it but if you're desperate there's always Walmart. Super Walmarts that have grocery stores and pharmacies are open

Edited by JimK

Betty and Nicks is open, as it is attached to a restaurant . Still only one person in the shop at a time, but John is open.

In Northern moco Tackle box is doing curbside pickup, you can probably give phil a call and see if hell do it. If you're down near long branch give the guys at TAK a call, they might be able to help you out as well.

Like others have said you probably cant go in the shop but I have to imagine some of these guys would appreciate any kind of business right now.

Edited by bbfish

59 mins ago, bbfish said:

In Northern moco Tackle box is doing curbside pickup, you can probably give phil a call and see if hell do it. If you're down near long branch give the guys at TAK a call, they might be able to help you out as well.

Like others have said you probably cant go in the shop but I have to imagine some of these guys would appreciate any kind of business right now.

Yup. I ordered a few lures from Mr Sciortino yesterday. Worked with me over the phone, went over colors, whats hot..etc. Gave CC...pickup curbside. Was happy to support him. And yeh, I needed a few things too.

Edited by joefishnj21

51 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

If you’re still looking, give Atlantic Highlands B&T a call.

Atlantic Bait and Tackle or Julian's?

42 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

Atlantic. Between tackle box and Julian’s.

Ah yea didnt know why i didnt think of that.  I'm sure Pete would appreciate the biz as well.

My investment in a Triangle spooler years ago is paying off now.

On another note, went to Costco (Hazlet) this morning for senior hour. What a disaster. Line around the bldg and a lot of non seniors in the line. People suck. Drove away.

22 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

If you’re still looking, give Atlantic Highlands B&T a call.

Is this a new B&T ! I'm a native and I never heard of this B&T. 

We have Juliens's on Rte 36.  Call Fishermens Den in Belmar and see if their Atlantic Highlands store in the Harbor is open.  Last Friday in was still shuttered for the winter.

Giglio's was open last week They are in Sea Bright.  Give Mike a call.

1 hour ago, RJ said:

Is this a new B&T ! I'm a native and I never heard of this B&T. 

We have Juliens's on Rte 36.  Call Fishermens Den in Belmar and see if their Atlantic Highlands store in the Harbor is open.  Last Friday in was still shuttered for the winter.

Giglio's was open last week They are in Sea Bright.  Give Mike a call.

Its now Atlantic Bait and Tackle, on 36 next to lubranos in north middletown/keansburg, he used to be in AH harbor before fishermens den north.   I think fishermens den north might be closed for good.