codfish

The Cape Cod Canal has spoken

Rate this topic

255 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

So far all is well The town for the most part is al closed down . They have at this time decided to keep the beach parking lots open , so perhaps we may go for a ride tomorrow to get into another frame of mind  Peace and Prayers

I take it Horizons lot isn't roped off?   People will be looking everywhere to park, if Scusset is gated.

8 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

yesterdayFB_IMG_1587380313299.jpg.1c7d1dd24257df8a5812748cdf3eeb70.jpg

As long as they are all wearing masks... um, we have a problem. 

I took the the boat down the Charles from Watertown to the museum of science. People everywhere, picnics etc. We are screwed. 

55 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

yesterdayFB_IMG_1587380313299.jpg.1c7d1dd24257df8a5812748cdf3eeb70.jpg

Well, one good thing......that center line is keeping folks walking in opposite directions from bumping into one another.

I can recall the time when there was no center line.  Was crazy how people would walk and bike. 

People now understand that if their not elderly & or with serious health problems they have a 99.5% it won't effect them negatively.

Most people yesterday seemed to be practicing carry in and carry out. But...I didn't look inside any of the porta potties. :eek:

And speaking of that, IMO providing just a token handful of porta potties to take care of 100% of our needs now that all the restrooms are closed ain't gonna work. Ultimately I think it's lack of sanitation and build-up of filth more than lack of social distancing that is going to cause parking lot closures in the name of public health. 

1 min ago, bdowning said:

Most people yesterday seemed to be practicing carry in and carry out. But...I didn't look inside any of the porta potties. :eek:

And speaking of that, IMO providing just a token handful of porta potties to take care of 100% of our needs now that all the restrooms are closed ain't gonna work. Ultimately I think it's lack of sanitation and build-up of filth more than lack of social distancing that is going to cause parking lot closures in the name of public health. 

Even when everything is open & normal there isn't enough restroom facilities for early risers.

Stepping in dog crap is a minor inconvenience. But it's nothing like stepping in a pile of human crap and tracking it in your car. :devl:

On 3/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, codfish said:

The Canal yikes

91663267_238623017279359_1505937708617302016_n.jpg

Traveled from RI to the Cape house yesterday to turn stuff on and tend to the lawn ... no hot chicks greating me at the Bridge ... what's up with that?