codfish

The Cape Cod Canal has spoken

Rate this topic

255 posts in this topic

19 mins ago, ged said:

I love how she has a sign saying “#stayhome” and she is not home

Yah  Everybody should stay home. Except her and all her friends. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

For what it's worth, when I was driving yesterday I  was listening to the news on WBZ radio. They were doing a story about the Cape and the limited amount of resources, beds, ventilators, etc the hospitals on the Cape and the Islands have. Hospital and town officials were highly recommending that people who aren't full-time residents down there should stay away for a few weeks while MA flattens the curve.

Edited by zak-striper

10 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

I think her message would reach more people if she stood out there on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend in a bikini...

I do not believe that her Husband would be in favor of that.

She is expressing her opinion based upon many of the folks who have decided to move away from New York, New Jersey and possibly bring what they are going through here to the cape.

The recent uptick of out of State owners of second homes, from new York and elsewhere will only increase the health conditions of all and further tax the food sources and hospitals all ready in trouble. These are the uncaring folks who  show they are oblivious to what is happening around all of us now.:howdy:

38 mins ago, zak-striper said:

For what it's worth, when I was driving yesterday I  was listening to the news on WBZ radio. They were doing a story about the Cape and the limited amount of resources, beds, ventilators, etc the hospitals on the Cape and the Islands have. Hospital and town officials were highly recommending that people who aren't full-time residents down there should stay away for a few weeks while MA flattens the curve.

When is the last time you went to a hospital anywhere that visit was quick and efficient? 

2 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

I do not believe that her Husband would be in favor of that.

She is expressing her opinion based upon many of the folks who have decided to move away from New York, New Jersey and possibly bring what they are going through here to the cape.

The recent uptick of out of State owners of second homes, from new York and elsewhere will only increase the health conditions of all and further tax the food sources and hospitals all ready in trouble. These are the uncaring folks who  show they are oblivious to what is happening around all of us now.:howdy:

I don’t see a wedding ring on that finger

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 mins ago, ged said:

When is the last time you went to a hospital anywhere that visit was quick and efficient? 

That's irrelevant to the point.

The hopitals on the Cape and the Islands are pretty small. Some don't even have intenstive care units. During the story the hospital officials said they dont' have the resources or capacity to handle an onslaught of corona virus patients. Hospital and Town officials were asking non full-time residents to stay away for awhile until the curve flattens.

Hell Rhode Island announced that it's stopping cars with NY license plates because they don't want New Yorkers who are fleeing the state, to bring potential corona exposed people to RI towns.

Edited by zak-striper

7 mins ago, ged said:

Well as the Cape is a small community with limited medical resources this is only amplified. People should stay away for the time being, end of story.