nightfighter

Comcast Bill out of control

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Tried to get out monthly bill down to a more reasonable number. HD cable sports pkg, internet, four boxes. Just over $250-260/month...

If try to reduce channels/package, as there are no sports anyway,,, then they want a two year contract. If no contract, they will deduct the package but initiate charging for equipment, which would put us above what we are already paying now!  They have us over a barrel... (we need the internet with all the fancy firewall stuff for wife's work. With so much of the nation now at home for learning and work, wouldn't you think they would step up for the whole instead of continuing to stick it to all of us.....

Posted (edited) · Report post

Go to the Comcast website from a different computer not associated with your house and see what deal they are offering new customers (they have the browsing rigged so you can't see this form your home).  Print out, call and threaten to move to satellite TV.  Your bill will magically go down.  :th:

Edited by Surf Hunter

What a ****how. We get internet from our local electric company then went with YouTubeTv. That stuff you're dealing with should be criminal.

Comcast is the only game around here.We could get satellite but it's unreliable from what I hear.I'm hoping Verizon starts in the area.

Forgot, we have landline too.... for her work.  She used to be in office Mon-Wed and work from home the other days. 

Maybe ask her boss if they can pick up some of cost... but not if that would jeopardize her job.

10 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

We could get satellite but it's unreliable from what I hear.

It sucks. At lease Hugesnet does and they’re my only option. 

It sucks so bad that I spend about an hour a day on the phone trying to tell them that it sucks, but I can’t get anyone on the line. 

I haven't turned the TV on in days. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

My bill was $250 for phone/int/cable with 3 boxes.  to reduce it I was told to cancel service and return boxes for a few days, that way you can start a new promo contract.  when reconnecting we only got internet and the most basic cable package with two boxes, now it's $95 month.  my family mostly watches streaming TV anyways

anybody with a google account and internet service can buy a $35 adapted and setup a free VOIP home phone line

Edited by ferret

I gave up the home phone around 5 years ago when they installed a new cell tower in town. Didn't give up the number, switched it to Google voice and forwarded all calls to the cell.

You should be getting free showtime and epix currently with that basic TV sub.

27 mins ago, Surf Hunter said:

Go to the Comcast website from a different computer not associated with your house and see what deal they are offering new customers (they have the browsing rigged so you can't see this form your home).  Print out, call and threaten to move to satellite TV.  Your bill will magically go down.  :th:

So.... any way you can do it and attach a screen shot? I would be much obliged.

One cable box not even plugged in. HDTV antennae for standard stations, nothing fancy. Internet with very basic cable and the only reason for the cable side of it is it’s cheaper than internet only. This is with Comcast, $75 per month. 

I’m paying zero at my Tampa condo. We got the free antennae, it’s only 26 channels at this point, but that’s all we need.

$99 triple play is the typical new offer if you need all 3 services.

Its misleading though. Local channel, regional sports, box rentals and other taxes and fees are added. Still a lot cheaper than what you're paying.

I just switched to Comcast. $140 a month for cable, interwebs, and a landline. Only one box -- screw it, the only thing I ever watch in the basement is horse racing, and I can get that on the stick.

Just now, Eagles Dare said:

$99 triple play is the typical new offer if you need all 3 services.

Its misleading though. Local channel, regional sports, box rentals and other taxes and fees are added. Still a lot cheaper than what you're paying.

That's what I got. After all the BS you have to add, and taxes, it's just over $140 a month.