ErikT

I have covid-19 - ask me anything

Rate this topic

461 posts in this topic

I have posted this twice already but I figured I’d start a thread to see if anyone has any questions that I can answer. Family of 5. My son has a confirmed positive test result and we are all sick with similar symptoms all in the same house. 

Son - day 8 confirmed 

Wife - day 5 unconfirmed 

Me - day 4 unconfirmed 
Daughters - day 3 unconfirmed

the crazy thing is, my son took the test on the 24th. They never called with the results but he was able to login to the PD website and get it instantly. We called and got on the list to be scheduled but they haven’t called yet. 

Fire away... 

Good luck and God bless. 

- Any underlying issues for anybody?

- Do you have a pulse oximeter ? If so what are everyone's readings?

How is everyone feeling currently?  how is the anxiety level. 

My thoughts are with you and your family for a speedy recovery. 

4 mins ago, ASrod said:

Is it as bad as the media is saying it is?

Going through is physically isn’t too bad compared to a regular flu. The back aches and the body aches are so consistent and makes it really hard to get comfortable. The fevers are all moderate, 102.4 was the highest in the house. Nothing but Tylenol and it works almost immediately to stop the fever. The body aches never go away though. 

the worst part is the “unknown” meaning we are in the middle of something we really do t know too much about. So as a parent, I worry a lot about my kids. Every now and then my youngest (13) will  have a coughing fit right after a shower. She works  herself into shortness of breath. My wife is great at keeping her Calm and talking her into relaxing.  Takes about ten minutes and then no coughing again at all for 24 hours or until the next shower. Weird 

8 mins ago, ErikT said:

I have posted this twice already but I figured I’d start a thread to see if anyone has any questions that I can answer. Family of 5. My son has a confirmed positive test result and we are all sick with similar symptoms all in the same house. 

Son - day 8 confirmed 

Wife - day 5 unconfirmed 

Me - day 4 unconfirmed 
Daughters - day 3 unconfirmed

the crazy thing is, my son took the test on the 24th. They never called with the results but he was able to login to the PD website and get it instantly. We called and got on the list to be scheduled but they haven’t called yet. 

Fire away... 

ErikT

thanks for sharing your experience with us.

1) your general geographic location?

2) age of your son and daughter?

3) at what stage did you decide for testing? 

4) what was the process like for getting tested in your region, and was testing for an individual or all of your family members?

5) now that you'll be self quarrantined, how will you get supplies/food needed?

6) are the "authorities" trying to track possible contacts?

as a father of 4 kids all in High School or younger age, i am very concerned.. tough to keep the spirits up but doing our best.

Best wishes for you and please keep us informed.

Al