Grocery Stores

Rate this topic

SkunkLuvver

44 mins ago, z-man said:

Meanwhile the rest of the world is annoyed with people paying cash including the cashiers. It takes 10 seconds to pay with a debit card which comes directly out of your checking account and you don’t end up with pockets full of coins. 

i would rather pay in cash.My debit card has been hacked many times and that just sucks.i need the change for laundry,so to each his/her own,just wash your hands with either choice.

But sometimes it's hard to remember not to touch your face (eyes, mouth, nose, ears) before you get to wash your hands....I catch myself all the time.

One of my stores has a large plexiglass sheet between the cashier & customer now.

"The Further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

We have been getting everything delivered and dropped outside the garage door. We use gloves to retrieve the goods, wipe each item down with a bleach cleaner and a rag and move it to a different table. Once done we wipe down the table, toss the gloves, and bring our groceries in. Works great and we don't have to come in contact with anyone, which is kinda nice nowadays.  

My sister, her spouse and two kids just got officially quarantined pending the outcome of her five year olds covid test.

Theyre running low on groceries but aren’t able to go to the store and Instacart announced yesterday it’s employees are going on strike.

Looks like I’m going to be making the 4 hr round trip drive to drop groceries off in their driveway unless they can find other delivery options.

Only other choice is to ‘fudge” her quarantine and run to the store which she’s so far refusing to do.

Gonna be a long two weeks for them. (Hopefully less of test is negative)

47 mins ago, Chunkah said:

We have been getting everything delivered and dropped outside the garage door. We use gloves to retrieve the goods, wipe each item down with a bleach cleaner and a rag and move it to a different table. Once done we wipe down the table, toss the gloves, and bring our groceries in. Works great and we don't have to come in contact with anyone, which is kinda nice nowadays.  

That is the wise and prudent Process to have in hand and follow . Consider all items from the outside contaminated and how you decontaminate them can make a huge difference . Do not forget to also wash all fruit in a warm soapy mix and rinse with clean warm water, before placing in Fridge or freezeer

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

13 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

That is the wise and prudent Process to have in hand and follow . Consider all items from the outside contaminated and how you decontaminate them can make a huge difference . Do not forget to also wash all fruit in a warm soapy mix and rinse with clean warm water, before placing in Fridge or freezeer

two items I have concerns about decontaminating.   onions and garlic.

other than just peeling off the outer layers of dried "skin"  . anyone have other suggestions/ideas??

Edited by FizzyFish

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

5 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

two items I have concerns about decontaminating.   onions and garlic.

other than just peeling off the outer layers of dried "skin"  . anyone have other suggestions/ideas??

I would think removing the outer layers of skin should go a long way. Other than that, letting them sit for a few days after purchase should do it. 
Listening to DR’s on various news shows, they seem to be less concerned about catching virus from food... not sure if that’s accurate though.

Once cooked, the virus is dead so at least we have that working for us :)

3 hours ago, z-man said:

It takes 10 seconds to pay with a debit card

Um, you are joking, right? :laugh: It takes 10 seconds for them to even figure out the buttons once they put the card in.

I have timed it, and 90% of the folks I see take longer to process that damn card than it does for me to hand the cashier cash.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

2 hours ago, Chunkah said:

I can't imagine living like that. To each their own, but there is a limit to the extremes you take. Sensible caution on my end, and trust me, I have to take a LOT of sensible caution for my job since I have no choice but to touch a LOT of surfaces everyday that hundreds of others have touched.

But sorry, not going as far as bleaching my groceries......that becomes borderline psychotic.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

SOL Member #174

1 hour ago, SkunkLuvver said:

My sister, her spouse and two kids just got officially quarantined pending the outcome of her five year olds covid test.

Theyre running low on groceries but aren’t able to go to the store and Instacart announced yesterday it’s employees are going on strike.

Looks like I’m going to be making the 4 hr round trip drive to drop groceries off in their driveway unless they can find other delivery options.

Only other choice is to ‘fudge” her quarantine and run to the store which she’s so far refusing to do.

Gonna be a long two weeks for them. (Hopefully less of test is negative)

That sucks. No Peapod in their area?

SOL Member #174