SG1

Losing access due to corona

Rate this topic

112 posts in this topic

Lavallette just closed the beach and boardwalk to all public use until the governor lifts the state of emergency.  I've heard a few other towns are doing the same. 

lava.jpg

3 mins ago, Bristol Lou said:

Heard Island Heights is closed to fishing

Yes, the river road an boardwalk are off limits. 

i wonder if this will result in a significantly less amount of pressure on the pre-spawners? Almost an unintended moratorium. Maybe the decade will start out with a decent YOY class.

2 hours ago, JerseySwells said:

i wonder if this will result in a significantly less amount of pressure on the pre-spawners? Almost an unintended moratorium. Maybe the decade will start out with a decent YOY class.

Boats will pound em!

57 mins ago, SB59 said:

Boats will pound em!

Right. Assuming that boat ramps aren't closed too. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

From Island Beach State Park today

Daily Social Distancing Tip!

While state parks, forests and wildlife management areas are open for passive recreation, it is recommended that you visit a park that is near your home, instead of traveling across the state.

A few nice days and they'll probably start closing state parks I understand people want to get out and walk or fish. There are very few people that are residents on the barrier island. I'm seeing people I know are from northern NJ and cars with NY plates. There are limited resources at the shore. Think about what you are doing.

Edited by Bristol Lou
post is hidden????

15 hours ago, bdowning said:

Right. Assuming that boat ramps aren't closed too. 

Atlantic Highlands is open and Boats are going back in. Photo Wed. 25

boats.jpg

20 hours ago, JerseySwells said:

Wish they would keep bays closed till fish spawn out no doubt one of best ways to increase herd

3 hours ago, Bristol Lou said:

From Island Beach State Park today

Daily Social Distancing Tip!

While state parks, forests and wildlife management areas are open for passive recreation, it is recommended that you visit a park that is near your home, instead of traveling across the state.

A few nice days and they'll probably start closing state parks I understand people want to get out and walk or fish. There are very few people that are residents on the barrier island. I'm seeing people I know are from northern NJ and cars with NY plates. There are limited resources at the shore. Think about what you are doing.

Agreed, I think IBSP is going sooner rather than later. Yesterday around noon time, the boardwalk in seaside park looked like Times Square in the summer. Groups of people all over. 
They closed the SP boardwalk early this am. Still have beach access though. You can walk up and over, just not along the boards. 

72D1424E-E574-42A6-8F3D-3EDFF3182099.jpeg

363AC283-1128-4DF6-AD98-807F11F0E1F3.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

38 mins ago, reel em in said:

Barrier islands should block off the roads and bridges. Primary residents only. No second homeowners. Till this virus is gone and safe again. 

More nutzo ideas....

Bring in the soldiers and force folks to stay in their homes for what?

This virus is never going to go away. It's only going to be managed, just like a usual flu, WHICH IT IS. I am amazed daily, by folks pure ignorance on this site and in the real world. And how quick they are to jump on the hype bandwagon.

The death toll right now is a drop in the bucket. It is all so far blown out of proportion I have a hard time comprehending the sheer stupidity. 

Edited by Ben Lippen

55 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

More nutzo ideas....

This virus is never going to go away. It's only going to be managed, just like a usual flu, WHICH IT IS. I am amazed daily, by folks pure ignorance on this site and in the real world. And how quick they are to jump on the hype bandwagon.

The death toll right now is a drop in the bucket. It is all so far blown out of proportion I have a hard time comprehending the sheer stupidity. 

You didn’t happen to be in charge of gettin test kits ready

13 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

More nutzo ideas....

One of the more ignorant posts on SOL in quite some time.  Well done.