POKING AROUND SOUTH SHORE

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Smart move... back bays are getting a little too crowded for my comfort zone.

Counted 10 guys fishing 4:30am middle of the week, same spot.

Never in my life has that happened.

I could prob guess where you were if it was south shore .. and by 4:30 your about 2 hours late ... but yea everyone’s off and collecting like a grand a week and suckers like myself working more hours then ever and dealing with crowed everything with the little free time I get .. I say let it blow and let it rain .. don’t bother me 

2 hours ago, pakalolo said:

and right there is why posting reports f's it up for everyone!  Parking Permit enforcement starts today , Hallelujah!!

would be great if it was enforced out here

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

5 mins ago, carznfish said:

People being ticketed for trying to get fishing access is never a good thing. Sorry to rain on the parade 

I can definitely see your point.

Where I had a problem, was trying to fish a 24 hour permit area with limited spots at sunset this week  ( fine if you can figure out where ),  and 90% of the spots were taken by non-permit holders, just enjoying the site seeing of a sunset ( of course I understand why they are doing that ).

Another fisherman asked me if he should call state police to enforce it and I said "NO"  because we may inadvertently get the whole thing shut down.

1 hour ago, carznfish said:

People being ticketed for trying to get fishing access is never a good thing. Sorry to rain on the parade 

Not really.

That parking permit has been enforced for a long time and almost everybody who do recreational fishing, knows about it.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Where I had a problem, was trying to fish a 24 hour permit area with limited spots at sunset this week  ( fine if you can figure out where ),  and 90% of the spots were taken by non-permit holders, just enjoying the site seeing of a sunset ( of course I understand why they are doing that ).

Another fisherman asked me if he should call state police to enforce it and I said "NO"  because we may inadvertently get the whole thing shut down.

I disagree with you and I would, probably make that call.

More times state police shows up, more tickets they gave and eventually, non-permit cars will stop coming.

More spots for parking permits

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Don't be the phone call guy. Just go mention to them if its a big deal to you “Hey noticed you dont have a permit i just didn’t want you to get a ticket they’ve been checking” and tell it’s $200 or something. That will work just as well and you dont draw any attention of have complaint calls for the area on record. 

4 hours ago, carznfish said:

Don't be the phone call guy. Just go mention to them if its a big deal to you “Hey noticed you dont have a permit i just didn’t want you to get a ticket they’ve been checking” and tell it’s $200 or something.

Have to admit, you probably think that I'm some immature d-bag from my previous childish rants...

BUT, I like the way you think :howdy:     and dare I say, we would probably get along

33 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Have to admit, you probably think that I'm some immature d-bag from my previous childish rants...

BUT, I like the way you think :howdy:     and dare I say, we would probably get along

Naw you’re not an immature d bag at all!