POKING AROUND SOUTH SHORE

Rate this topic

Took a ride to a local inlet. Hundreds of garnets diving. Came pretty close to the beach at times. Tons of people walking around. Got a feeling there were bass pushing bait up under them birds. A little early but the water is warm enough for them to show early.

**** the U.N.

I agree with the ruin it for everyone take. Already way way more idiot traffic out there than normal. I get people are cooped up but it still annoys me to see a line of 10 bro-jeeps doing 30-40mph nobody has surfboards or rods (even though technically the beaches arent open to fishing yet) not going to break someones balls who wants to wet a line right now as long as they arent doing donuts testing their suspension on the barriers and dunes  

Just came back from fishing on the south shore in the rain using light line and a 30+ inch striped bass walloped me. Was tossing light lures for schoolie bass or something and this fella shows up peeling drag on my cheap walmart combo. Finally bring her in and went to go grab her but the shoreline was steep. Needless to she snapped head side to side and the 10lb berkley trilene was no match for her brute strength and she was gone. Glad I saw her though she was chunky and healthy looking. Probably a layover bass but I am glad I saw her. Proud of my shakespeare combo it held up really well for the 2 minute fight. Lets just say I have a heavy action rod and big spinning reel on order.

Edited by Fishing-Addict

I could not come up with anything so...

5 hours ago, Fishing-Addict said:

Needless to she snapped her side to side and the 10lb berkley trilene was no match for her brute strength and she was gone

How big/long was that line left on her?

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

1 hour ago, Popasilov said:

How big/long was that line left on her?

The line snapped right at the lure. No more than 6 inches was left on her. She was hooked in the upper lip. I think she will shrug off the incident and do just fine. Caught keepers on this medium combo before but she was alot fatter and longer then the others where. 

I could not come up with anything so...

13 hours ago, Fishing-Addict said:

The line snapped right at the lure. No more than 6 inches was left on her. She was hooked in the upper lip. I think she will shrug off the incident and do just fine. Caught keepers on this medium combo before but she was alot fatter and longer then the others where. 

Yea bigger bass are definitely moving in,  I saw a guy bring in a 32 incher yesterday and it was nuts. South shore is pretty dead right now but the north shore is loaded with bass.