Pergo portfolio Wet Protect.

Rate this topic

Jim McFeeley

Check out Smart Core it’s a much better product. Wet protect is a laminate floor with a waterproof top that is only waterproof for 24 hours. If it gets wet it’s destroyed. Smart core if it gets wet rip it up do your floor preparation and let it dry and re-install.

On 3/30/2020 at 5:12 PM, JWM said:

Check out Smart Core it’s a much better product. Wet protect is a laminate floor with a waterproof top that is only waterproof for 24 hours. If it gets wet it’s destroyed. Smart core if it gets wet rip it up do your floor preparation and let it dry and re-install.

I did check it out. I looks nice but scratches easier during my tests. I submerged the pergo for 2 weeks and let dry and did it again and nothing happend to it. I believe the newer stuff is different 

My company installs 1000’S of Sq feet a day. Our installer and customers definitely favor Smartcore. Make sure you read the fine lines on both products. Wet Protect you will need to install 3/8 backer rod in the expansion joints silicone above and below the backer rod. Also smartcore you don’t need transitions in doorways under 4 foot all Pergo products you will need these transitions. Make sure you read Installation guidelines. If you don’t follow them you will void any warranty if you don’t install any of these products per there guidelines and have an issue it’s on you the manufacturer will turn there back on you.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:18 PM, shortys7777 said:

Following this thread. Going to be deciding on flooring for my kitchen soon. Need something strong enough for scratches and water. 

Porcelain tile. If installed properly you can’t destroy it.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:18 PM, gray gables said:

Nice flooring, just very pricey. 

I get the "wood" look type stuff for $3.99 per square foot, $4.99 for the stuff that looks like tile. 

I found it eats blades on both the jig and miter saw....do they have special blades for this stuff?