HugeDinghy

Stimulus

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

no clue How this stuff works but why send people small amounts of money versus focusing more strictly on unemployment payments ? 

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

no clue How this stuff works but why send people small amounts of money versus focusing more strictly on unemployment payments ? 

...or helping small businesses / the self employed.

They did both.

Did you see the part where people can make more that 100% of their pre-layed off wages?     An incentive to stay out of the workforce . . .  but I still would not envy those folks . ..

they want people to continue discretionary spending too, so that unemployment stops increasing and eventually goes down too.

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

A quick shot of cash people can spend.  Keep some of the economy going.  This is in addition to the unemployment benefits.  

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Feel good stuff.

Isnt 600$ added to your weekly ui amount?.

4 mins ago, Gloucester2 said:

They did both.

Did you see the part where people can make more that 100% of their pre-layed off wages?     An incentive to stay out of the workforce . . .  but I still would not envy those folks . ..

right but why not focus more exclusively on those out of work, sending a working person a coupe of grand seems silly. 

2 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

Yeah, I don't want it. I'm good. Maybe be like a write off on next years return ?

I'm ok as well and would opt out if I could. There are people out there far needier than me. May donate it to the local Boston Resiliency Fund. 

https://www.boston.gov/departments/treasury/boston-resiliency-fund

6 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

A quick shot of cash people can spend.  Keep some of the economy going.  This is in addition to the unemployment benefits.  

i don't think i know one person that wont just put it in the bank and not think about it again. 

it will have non of the intended impact in my circles....don't get me wrong, i know a lot of people will spend it but i cant imagine its going to have anywhere near the intended impact. 

19 mins ago, bdowning said:

I'm ok as well and would opt out if I could. There are people out there far needier than me. May donate it to the local Boston Resiliency Fund. 

https://www.boston.gov/departments/treasury/boston-resiliency-fund

that is not the point the point is you get the money and buy something. 

19 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

i don't think i know one person that wont just put it in the bank and not think about it again. 

it will have non of the intended impact in my circles....don't get me wrong, i know a lot of people will spend it but i cant imagine its going to have anywhere near the intended impact. 

You are not going to get anything and chances are most of your friends won't because you make too much money. 

14 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Everybody isn’t getting a check.  It is going to single income households making less than $75k and dual income households making less than $150k.

I’d figure that money is going to get spent by most who get it.

19 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

IMO the impact is the look it puts out there. That the government is doing something.  That's a very important aspect.  Especially as this crap spreads and more fear sets in.