HugeDinghy

Stimulus

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

no clue How this stuff works but why send people small amounts of money versus focusing more strictly on unemployment payments ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

no clue How this stuff works but why send people small amounts of money versus focusing more strictly on unemployment payments ? 

...or helping small businesses / the self employed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did both.

 

Did you see the part where people can make more that 100% of their pre-layed off wages?     An incentive to stay out of the workforce . . .  but I still would not envy those folks . ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they want people to continue discretionary spending too, so that unemployment stops increasing and eventually goes down too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

no clue How this stuff works but why send people small amounts of money versus focusing more strictly on unemployment payments ? 

A quick shot of cash people can spend.  Keep some of the economy going.  This is in addition to the unemployment benefits.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

no clue How this stuff works but why send people small amounts of money versus focusing more strictly on unemployment payments ? 

Feel good stuff.

 

Isnt 600$ added to your weekly ui amount?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Gloucester2 said:

They did both.

 

Did you see the part where people can make more that 100% of their pre-layed off wages?     An incentive to stay out of the workforce . . .  but I still would not envy those folks . ..

right but why not focus more exclusively on those out of work, sending a working person a coupe of grand seems silly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

Yeah, I don't want it. I'm good. Maybe be like a write off on next years return ?

I'm ok as well and would opt out if I could. There are people out there far needier than me. May donate it to the local Boston Resiliency Fund. 

 

https://www.boston.gov/departments/treasury/boston-resiliency-fund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

A quick shot of cash people can spend.  Keep some of the economy going.  This is in addition to the unemployment benefits.  

i don't think i know one person that wont just put it in the bank and not think about it again. 

 

it will have non of the intended impact in my circles....don't get me wrong, i know a lot of people will spend it but i cant imagine its going to have anywhere near the intended impact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, bdowning said:

I'm ok as well and would opt out if I could. There are people out there far needier than me. May donate it to the local Boston Resiliency Fund. 

 

https://www.boston.gov/departments/treasury/boston-resiliency-fund

 

 

that is not the point the point is you get the money and buy something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

i don't think i know one person that wont just put it in the bank and not think about it again. 

 

it will have non of the intended impact in my circles....don't get me wrong, i know a lot of people will spend it but i cant imagine its going to have anywhere near the intended impact. 

 

You are not going to get anything and chances are most of your friends won't because you make too much money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

i don't think i know one person that wont just put it in the bank and not think about it again. 

 

it will have non of the intended impact in my circles....don't get me wrong, i know a lot of people will spend it but i cant imagine its going to have anywhere near the intended impact. 

Everybody isn’t getting a check.  It is going to single income households making less than $75k and dual income households making less than $150k.

 

I’d figure that money is going to get spent by most who get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

i don't think i know one person that wont just put it in the bank and not think about it again. 

 

it will have non of the intended impact in my circles....don't get me wrong, i know a lot of people will spend it but i cant imagine its going to have anywhere near the intended impact. 

IMO the impact is the look it puts out there. That the government is doing something.  That's a very important aspect.  Especially as this crap spreads and more fear sets in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.