shbeachbum

Need a Good Weed Killer

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I have stones around the front & back of my house & weeds all through out them. I tried the big box store weed killers, white vinegar and nothing works permanently. Anyone know of a good weed killer that one application would take care of the problem?  Thanks

It might work better if you moved  the rocks and laid down plastic sheeting and then replaced the rocks in the same way you would do with mulch.

You might also want to consider redoing the areas differently. Like either removing the rock and putting in concrete or putting some nice beds with plants and mulch or just grass. The latter would make the house look nicer.

Torch them. 20 pound Butane tank and a blower adapter. Kills the roots and all. Great for patio/driveway pavers too. Or Ortho Weed- B -Gone is good.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was told and read about having a healthy lawn grass can sometimes prevent those weeds comes through. But I would imaging that takes a lot more work than just go to kill the weeds from time to time.

OR just bleach the area, nothing will grow lol

Edited by foxfai

2 hours ago, cheech said:

Put some slightly diluted Clorox in a spray bottle and murder them all.

17 mins ago, foxfai said:

I was told and read about having a healthy lawn grass can sometimes prevent those weeds comes through. But I would imaging that takes a lot more work than just go to kill the weeds from time to time.

OR just bleach the area, nothing will grow lol

how much do you dilute the bleach? Will it kill ornamental plants?

It kills everything! With a small spray bottle on a calm day you should be able to pinpoint it accurately. Otherwise, cover the keepers. A 50/50 mix should do the job.

Be careful with what ever you use. Dow Chemical and Monsanto made some pretty effective stuff...Called “Agent Orange”... It would kill just about any plant....O’course it killed plenty of us too. So be real careful with supposedly “Safe” products. 

Burch

11 hours ago, Seakarp said:

It might work better if you moved  the rocks and laid down plastic sheeting and then replaced the rocks in the same way you would do with mulch.

You might also want to consider redoing the areas differently. Like either removing the rock and putting in concrete or putting some nice beds with plants and mulch or just grass. The latter would make the house look nicer.

Go with commercial grade weed cloth vs plastic.  It's more expensive but you'll get many more years from the heavier grades than the cheap stuff.  And water flows through it better than plastic sheeting.