scoobydoo

Night fishing corona virus..... Curfew

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

Every time you leave your house, you increase your probability of exposure. That's just how it is.

Stupid statements like this only increase the idiot factor of the panic. And are in direct correlation to why there's no fricki8n toilet paper on the store shelves.

I just left my house to put out the garbage can for tomorrows' pick-up. How exactly did I increases my probability of exposure? Is the virus in the rain that fell on my head :eek:  :scared: 

Or was it from the air I breathed outside? 

I seriously want to know. Bring me some frickin' proof that I endangered anyone at all by leaving my house. Show me proof, and then I will gladly stay inside.

But you can't, because yer spouting bull. 

All of you chicken little's who are hollering about this stuff are fear mongering, whether you know it or not. And that is the worst thing this country needs right now. 

Went out twice in Feb before all this got crazy so I got the itch scratched a bit.  Now I'm just hunkering down since the truth is, no one is 100% about how you get this.  My neighbors are still mingling and chatting it up as if nothing is the matter.  Just my personal decision, I won't bet my families health/lives on it.  

15 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

Stupid statements like this only increase the idiot factor of the panic. And are in direct correlation to why there's no fricki8n toilet paper on the store shelves.

I just left my house to put out the garbage can for tomorrows' pick-up. How exactly did I increases my probability of exposure? Is the virus in the rain that fell on my head :eek:  :scared: 

I seriously want to know. Bring me some frickin' proof that I endangered anyone at all by leaving my house. Show me proof, and then I will gladly stay inside.

All of you chicken little's who are hollering about this stuff are fear mongering, whether you know it or not. And that is the worst thing this country needs right now. 

Well taken literally I guess one could think that Slacker meant stepping out your front (or back door).  I took it as unnecessary trips to distant fishing spots - like me driving to Long Island from Pa.  That would be rather selfish and stupid.    Over and above the virus, if I get injured (in any number of ways from driving to slippery jetties) this will mean that first responders are taking care of me rather then those who were not doing something selfish and got sick  - like maybe my kids. . . . 

18 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

Well taken literally I guess one could think that Slacker meant stepping out your front (or back door).  I took it as unnecessary trips to distant fishing spots - like me driving to Long Island from Pa.  That would be rather selfish and stupid.    Over and above the virus, if I get injured (in any number of ways from driving to slippery jetties) this will mean that first responders are taking care of me rather then those who were not doing something selfish and got sick  - like maybe my kids. . . . 

I've always understood your/that point. And never disagreed. 

My point has always ben, don't tell me I'm wrong for fishing where and when I can. The state has actually encouraged me to. 

I was a first responder, ... I know more than I want to.

If I didn't live right here, three weeks ago I woulda made sure my licenses were new, woulda and started downloading lake and river/stream maps. I would have ben digging out gear for fresh or fly... 

Adapt, overcome....

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Edited by Slacker

1 hour ago, Captain Ahab said:

It’s a pleasure to deal with someone of reasonable intellect.