scoobydoo

Night fishing corona virus..... Curfew

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

35 mins ago, levari said:

You should stay at home and obey the law. People lives are dependent on discipline.

what law says you can fish at day but not at night due to corona virus?  

Genuinely curious.  If it was a 100% complete lockdown, I'm with you.  When the governor of NJ is opening cell phone stores and bike stores, because they're essential, something's not right.  Being outdoors to fish is not prohibited.  

Same here in Mass. I’m hoping it doesn’t escalate to a full lockdown, although it appears it might be inevitable. It will suck to miss Spring fishing, but might be a huge plus for the fishery, especially in places like the Canal where some of the thousands of breeders might stand a chance to actually make it to their summer haunts. 

5 mins ago, Heron25 said:

what law says you can fish at day but not at night due to corona virus?  

Genuinely curious.  If it was a 100% complete lockdown, I'm with you.  When the governor of NJ is opening cell phone stores and bike stores, because they're essential, something's not right.  Being outdoors to fish is not prohibited.  

If you don’t break the law there will be no fine to worry about...

Not being able to go fishing at this time really sucks for most of us.  But on the brighter side of things, this gives the fish(both bait and predator alike) a chance re-populate.  Maybe the waters around us have a chance finally to become even cleaner bringing fish closer to shores.  I have no proof of this, just my personal theory as cabin fever makes my mind wonder...

9 hours ago, levari said:

You should stay at home and obey the law. People lives are dependent on discipline.

Other peoples lives are depending on me, not walking down the street in the dark by myself, to catch a fish? That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. And the past few weeks have ben chock full of dumb-arse things I've heard.

9 hours ago, FTW401 said:

I'm in CT and although we aren't in "shelter in place" status we are shut down to essential people only and our governor just opened the trout season two weeks early to avoind large crowds that opening day tends to draw out.

As per the NJFG email days ago, they are proceeding with the stocking of trout.  The season is open, to catch the trout that we paid for, with additional licenses and stamps that we are required to pay for. Me driving to a stream to catch a fish I already paid for, is not going to be deprived from me.

4 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

Other peoples lives are depending on me, not walking down the street in the dark by myself, to catch a fish? That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. And the past few weeks have ben chock full of dumb-arse things I've heard.

You catch a big fish, someone sees you and post the info on SOL and the following night there are 200 people fishing that spot.. If the law tells you not to fish you should follow the law. Simple as that.. If you break it then don’t complain later on that people are keeping shorts . They are entitled to break the law just as you..

2 mins ago, levari said:

You catch a big fish, someone sees you and post the info on SOL and the following night there are 200 people fishing that spot.. If the law tells you not to fish you should follow the law. Simple as that.. If you break it then don’t complain later on that people are keeping shorts . They are entitled to break the law just as you..

The law doesn't say I can't fish. ***** H ****** !! There is  NO LAW that says I can't fish. This arguement is as stupid as you saying the law says I can't fish.

21 mins ago, levari said:

You catch a big fish, someone sees you and post the info on SOL and the following night there are 200 people fishing that spot.. If the law tells you not to fish you should follow the law. Simple as that.. 

That's crazy, straight up "Get in line citizen" type stuff 

They'll have to find me to give me a ticket, and that's not likely

Lemme ask ya.....have any of you guys ever done anything sneaky?   

Learn how to out smart "the man"!   

Don't be a cow!!!!!  

Be smart!    Don't hang out in crowds and spread the sh@t!

Make sure you out smart "big brother"!

You wanna fish by yourselves and catch some food for you family.   

Guess what?  Eff them!

27 mins ago, Sudsy said:

That's crazy, straight up "Get in line citizen" type stuff 

They'll have to find me to give me a ticket, and that's not likely

Say the same to those who keep short stripers at night. They see the world just as you do. 

There are rules that are flat out stupid,

Not being able to fish at night is stupid

Releasing short fish is not stupid

Looks like its going to be more fishing during early morning/day or at night at secluded, non-state parks or whatever. I'm out of work for next foreseeable future, using my Trump check for gas (even though gas is free now) and I'm going fishing, away from people. Stay safe. 

I am more than happy to avoid people when fishing, Covid-19 or not. If some locales get so crowded as to push people into shoulder-to-shoulder angling, then I understand a ban.

7 mins ago, Sudsy said:

There are rules that are flat out stupid,

Not being able to fish at night is stupid

Releasing short fish is not stupid

So now you decide which law to break because it’s stupid law. Why not have the guy who keeps the short fish or the guy who fishes raritan bay during the close season to decide which law is stupid and which one is not.

1 min ago, BrianBM said:

I am more than happy to avoid people when fishing, Covid-19 or not. If some locales get so crowded as to push people into shoulder-to-shoulder angling, then I understand a ban.

It’s not just the shoulder to shoulder issue here. You go fishing, you fill gas, you stop at Wawa to get some coffee because you are falling a sleep...