scoobydoo

Night fishing corona virus..... Curfew

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

Can I go fishing at night...

Rivers, lakes, parks, Bayshore? 

And not get fined? If caught... Can't find specifics? 

7 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Just leave your light off.

Lol... 

My issue... Parks equal patrols and parking past gates 

35 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Lol... 

My issue... Parks equal patrols and parking past gates 

Just kidding Scoob... i’m totally stressing about it too. Just starting to begin thinking about starting your season, and it will get shut down to this stupid virus crap. Everyday feels like the noose is getting tighter. :banghd:

35 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Just kidding Scoob... i’m totally stressing about it too. Just starting to begin thinking about starting your season, and it will get shut down to this stupid virus crap. Everyday feels like the noose is getting tighter. :banghd:

I just went to Wegmans at 930... Closed... Didn't see a single vehicle there or on the way home... ******* creepy.... 

I've been fishing day and few evenings.. But with the nj Gov and Ag saying they're thinking about tightening and fining... Not in the mood to blow my Trump Check on a fine 

Swung down to one of my local spots that has NEVER BEEN CLOSED since I started fishing there probably 25 years ago. Closed. With park police sitting in the lot. 

The noose is getting much tighter, my dudes. I fear for a lot of lost time, especially during fluke season. I feel there wont be a "norm" again until at least june-july.

Last weekend, fish at local beach with a friend at night. About 11pm, two officers came to us ask y r we still outside but not at home. I told them that there is no curfew for night fishing but they insist we should leave the beach n go home because of the Covid-19.

My friend told them that he found a cure, the salt from the beach water could kill all the germs (as salt r use to cure many things ages ago since our time). So we r here to kill the germs that attach on our body, our tackles and our baits. Also, he said "I am already 72, not many time left for fishing, I ain't let the Covid-19 to stop me now".

The Officers had a laught, told us to be careful n drove away.

2 hours ago, Pierce said:

Last weekend, fish at local beach with a friend at night. About 11pm, two officers came to us ask y r we still outside but not at home. I told them that there is no curfew for night fishing but they insist we should leave the beach n go home because of the Covid-19.

My friend told them that he found a cure, the salt from the beach water could kill all the germs (as salt r use to cure many things ages ago since our time). So we r here to kill the germs that attach on our body, our tackles and our baits. Also, he said "I am already 72, not many time left for fishing, I ain't let the Covid-19 to stop me now".

The Officers had a laught, told us to be careful n drove away.

Haha smart reasoning there salt kills germs and good end result. 

12 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Can I go fishing at night...

Rivers, lakes, parks, Bayshore? 

And not get fined? If caught... Can't find specifics? 

You should stay at home and obey the law. People lives are dependent on discipline.

I'm in CT and although we aren't in "shelter in place" status we are shut down to essential people only and our governor just opened the trout season two weeks early to avoind large crowds that opening day tends to draw out. We don't have any road restrictions here though just a warning that we should all self quarantine.