jackattack

Fisherman access

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

With all beaches closed, are fisherman allowed to go on beach and fish tidal lines? Not sure on legal access? I heard if you own oceanfront property and you have a private beach that it is ok for them to use their beach ?

A place like ft Myers beach has a no walking in place. Others do not. 

Id say if you make yourself safe and keep a distance I don’t see why anyone would bother you. 

Access here in SWFL is being accessed by boat. There are still people nosing up to the beach and using the beach. The passes have more boats around. 

So much of this is common sense, distance yourself. 

Thanks reelfire.

Surprised not a state wide law. In Mass, anybody with a fishing rod can fish most any beach as long as they gained access legally and fish within tidal lines except public beach that is designated for swimming. Many of us carry a laminated copy of the law when harassed by land owners and police. 

As reelfire said, it’s a county by county thing. In my area public beach parking areas and public beach access are closed. But if you have private access you can go on the beaches.

Bridge fishing and inter coastal are open.

It’s like  ghost town out there? 
time to go back north 

Stripers will be coming 

In Deerfield Beach, the beaches, bars and restaurants were all closed (except for takeout), however the Deerfield Beach pier has been open to residents only. As much as I want to go, I do not want to contribute to any factor of the virus.

FWC will be out on the water checking for social distances being adhered. It’s the individual out there that will destroy the ability to get out and enjoy the day. They will shut the water access 100% down if the people out there are stupid.   

We have all seen it before the same group of individuals destroy it for themselves. Fisherman loose access to land Orr bodies of water because of their own doing. Hunters and boaters are no different. We’ve all seen land closed because of acts done but the same group that had access. 

People need to be smart about it. Right there is the first problem. 

The FWC guys around me have told fishermen if they are in wet sand, they are ok.  Dry sand on a closed beach is not ok.  Getting to that water can be tricky I guess but you could boat or kayak to a spot, just don't be walking on dry sand.