Canal 2020

Rate this topic

codfish

I am not a Canal guy by no means but given FL has shut down all boat ramps I might have to give it a shot this year, 1 st question whats your choice of jig head style

Savage style pointed or do-it mold style bullet head?? both lures in picture are 5 oz.

pic2.JPG

pic1.JPG

Edited by codfish

6 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

This is the year for wetsuits and commando trips.

S T E A L T H 

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

2 hours ago, codfish said:

I am not a Canal guy by no means but given FL has shut down all boat ramps I might have to give it a shot this year, 1 st question whats your choice of jig head style

Savage style pointed or do-it mold style bullet head?? both lures in picture are 5 oz.

I’m a big fan of the savage style heads. Little more aerodynamic to get down on the bottom faster and also less effort to cut through the wind when you are trying to get more distance. Generic ones at M&Ds were awesome, hope the new owner continues to stock them.

(*member formerly known as ‘nygnyrredsoxfan’)

Ditch Troll #340

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

Does the jighead choice have to be mutually exclusive? Both have their place. 

Words of wisdom . One works well swimming and one works well bouncing the bottom However that does not mean you you can not do the same with either one. Peace and Prayers

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

20 mins ago, Searobin said:

I’m a big fan of the savage style heads. Little more aerodynamic to get down on the bottom faster and also less effort to cut through the wind when you are trying to get more distance. Generic ones at M&Ds were awesome, hope the new owner continues to stock them.

Sparse bucktails are another great choice when you want to cut through the water and tap bottom quickly.

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333