more questions about kaitech plastics

Rate this topic

dannyplug1

Am bored to tears at work.  Thinking about an order for kaitechs.  I see there are two basic paddle tails the regular and the ribbed ones (no funny jokes about ribbed for her pleasure) Which one do you like the best ?  also what colors.  in the big sizes they don't have black.  as a substitute what's a good color for night time striper fishing?  Also any suggestions as to colors for larg4emouth and striped bass thanks Charlie bored at work trying to avoid the corona.

I find them to be very fragile and expensive but work great . I use them mostly for small mouth bass but have used the largest  size in the Boston harbor area for striper . We don't have all those scup and seabass and robins like your RI river that could rip them to shreds in minutes .I think you could get away with using them early spring

I like the 4.8 size for both my SW and FW fishing, and use both ribbed and non ribbed. I have noticed little to no difference in hookup ratio on either. The only two colors i throw are Sight Flash, and Pro Blue Red Pearl, and use them both day/night.

I've used both kinds to catch stripers and Lmb. But I find my self using the ribbed ones more often. Being that all keitechs are salt infused they have a slower sink rate, added the ribs they have more water resistance resulting in a even slower sink. Also the ribs produce more water displacement and vibration, adding to drawing power. As for size I've caught with all sizes. But for simplicity the 4.8 size is great for anything. Color wise, white was always my choice for stripers and for Lmb black, bluegill flash and black/white are killer. 

I don't bother with lmb, but I use the Keitechs heavily for walleye.

I don't get complicated with my color selection, I only use the white or the silver flash. The lures are dealy on anything that swims.

Whether you get the ribbed or not, the action is the same on a jighead as is the ability to catch.