FlukeOff

Trout Season - Open Now

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Looks like the governor just opened trout season as of now. Seems like a smart idea to cut down on the crowds of opening day. Now we just need deep to stock the non-tma areas. Enjoy and stay safe!

On March 24, 2020, Governor Ned Lamont issued an Executive Order (E.O. 7L) opening many lakes, ponds, rivers and streams to fishing statewide.  The intention of opening the fishing season early is to limit community spread of COVID-19 by eliminating the large crowds that often accompany the traditional Opening Day of fishing in April.  During this time of social distancing, fishing should be enjoyed as solitary experience or with members of the immediate household, not as a group activity. 

DEEP is encouraging all anglers to follow social distancing practices.  Anglers should maintain a distance of at least six feet from others, practice good personal hygiene, stay home and away from others if they feel sick, and avoid areas where anglers or others congregate.

All other fishing laws and regulations, including requirements for a fishing license and trout and salmon stamp when needed, and all methods, creel limits and length limits remain in effect. 

More information and a helpful FAQ can be found on DEEP’s website. Please refer constituents to https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/Fishing/CT-Fishingfor more information.

9 hours ago, FlukeOff said:

Now we just need deep to stock the non-tma areas.

Trucks are rolling every day

3 mins ago, borntafish said:

Billy are you still working at the hatchery? 

Despite their best efforts, they haven't chased me off yet 

Good deal....but

up here in the quiet corner the kids have been knocking them off since school closed. there may not be any trout left locally.

I've been reading some posts on the book of faces and it seems poaching is alive and well, and in full swing. What the hell people? First the toilet paper now crappy tasting trot? Get a grip morons.

I hit a trout park at sunrise this AM and it was only me and one other guy. Got 6 small bows and dropped a couple more. Hoping to take the kids this weekend if it’s not too crowded. 

My son took his son (my grandson holding the bass) out yesterday, came back with a hook in his eye. No bad damage. Be careful out there.