Popasilov

Hats off to Harbor Freight

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, olvart said:

,the young lady at the checkout said they had donated all the inventory to first responders.

I wish there are more companies like this.

I remember, when I bought first time something  in Harbour Freight.

That thing will break even before you start using it.

They came long way from that.

In those days you can find some decent stuff there.

2 mins ago, Popasilov said:

I remember, when I bought first time something  in Harbour Freight.

That thing will break even before you start using it.

They came long way from that.

In those days you can find some decent stuff there.

Check out AvE tool reviews on the tube,HF has come a long way.

On 3/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, Nite_Bite_00 said:

Kudo's.

Now if they can just stop feeding China's economic boom, that would help in other ways.

Just sayin.. 

As long as one is willing to work for a little less pay than what the market sets, you will always find work.  Used to be our mantra now Chinas.  When Yankee clipper ships were free to conduct commerce on the high seas we prospered, now there is too much regulation, too many people waiting for their ship to come in when they never sent one out.  Too much of the government telling us what we can do, the paradigm has shifted.

5 hours ago, msrief said:

As long as one is willing to work for a little less pay than what the market sets, you will always find work.  Used to be our mantra now Chinas.  When Yankee clipper ships were free to conduct commerce on the high seas we prospered, now there is too much regulation, too many people waiting for their ship to come in when they never sent one out.  Too much of the government telling us what we can do, the paradigm has shifted.

I agree with everything you posted but doesnt always hold true. Regulations can be good. Clean air clean water safe working conditions. China plays dirty and treats their workers like crap. Hard to compete on price compared to that. When all this madness is over I hope people come to their senses.  Nice move by HF.

Edited by adams54

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

China plays dirty and treats their workers like crap.

See, that is a big problem for me.

Why should we care that much if workers, civil rights or woman, or .....( fill the blank) are mistreated in some foreign country?

Why go overboard, waste money out of national fond to clean someones backyard  while ours front and backyards are almost evenly not clean?

All that money used for "improving people" conditions in any foreign country could be much better spend here, to improve our economy.

In this case, you are mentioning China; I am talking about global.

Why is "conditions" somewhere else more important than LEGAL citizen of our country?

Edited by Popasilov

16 hours ago, adams54 said:

I agree with everything you posted but doesnt always hold true. Regulations can be good. Clean air clean water safe working conditions. China plays dirty and treats their workers like crap. Hard to compete on price compared to that. When all this madness is over I hope people come to their senses.  Nice move by HF.

Agree on the environment.  HHS/CDC regulations PREVENTED face mask startups.  When you need a government license (beach tag) to walk on a town beach or a state license to hunt wildlife or fish on your own property that is over the top.