c7272

GRS Medium and Deep Giants

23 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, DerrickT said:

I agree and why I was waiting for Tim to handle it.

He waited the 60 days. I thought a majority agreed that two months is a reasonable time before it shouldn’t be considered flipping? There needs to be a time frame...Roy’s got thousands of plugs he’s purchased in hopes they become more valuable. It’s not flipping because of the time he holds on to them. So time is an element to ‘flipping’.

I’d encourage builders to stop selling them to people that flip. Hell, reduce it to one per person. Number them all....put a bar code on them if not helps or a serial number. Make them show you ID, hand them a piece of paper explaining that if this plug ends up for sale for substantially more than was paid for it that they’ll never buy another one. 

There are ways to stop flipping, the problem is the retail value of these $65 plugs would be $30 in a couple months. People aren’t lining up to throw $100 striped bass lures...I’m sure there’s a few throwing $60 plugs but it’s not many - there isn’t a builder out there that believes that. When you make plugs with jewels and bling on them and charge $200 they are built to flip. I love them, I love the artistic talent some of these guys have...but they control the flipping. I can’t control who they sell to, only they can. Once the plug is sold it’s much harder to stop a flipper. I know, nobody has done more for twenty years to stop them.

TimS

12 hours ago, DaveC said:

C7282...a person is allowed to back out of a purchase. You reported that to us...not something we intervene on. As for the othwr report on discussion of the price, that was the person who works at GRS table vindicating you from the 60 day plug flipping rule which you made by 5 days. You should thank him, not report him. :howdy:

to me Dave, it is still BS, GUYS buy these plugs , at shows, and in a few months, or less, sell to double their money, i get it, its allowed,,,,,still BS, i buy to catch, not to profit,.... i like the old days, fishing was, FISHING....:th:

12 hours ago, Roy C said:

My intent was not to vindicate him. 60 days 65 day I see no difference. He buys for $65 and “65” days later sells for $130. I just see another plug flipper here. 

yes I am the guy at Garys table that sells his plugs and takes your money have done so for 10 years now every show. I get tired of selling out to guys like this and still seeing 30 or more guys in line who did not get a chance to get one.

I will make a note of it. 

Roy, i buy Gary's plug for only one reason, and one reason only...... to caught fish....i remember years back, when Fishing Block Is., , his plugs would be lined up in  John's, Twin Maple B+T, Motel.....

13 hours ago, c7272 said:

Roy, if I can buy 2 new GRS and then turn that into 3 used GRS in colors that I have more confidence in I don't see why this would be an issue for you or Gary.  When I'm 3rd to last in line I don't have many options.

Did you ask to trade 2 new for 3 used? I only saw you ask to double your money in the minimal time frame.

Stop locking your thread - Im moving it to the discussion forum so something can be learned from it - thanks :th: 

This too shall pass.  Remember not that long ago Dmag was all the rage..Question is who will be next to take over the throne??  Never understood the whole flipping thing.  So you drive an hour, maybe more to a show.  Wait in line for god knows how long to purchase a $65 plug.  Then bring it home to collect dust on a shelf, then turn around and sell it for $130.  So this is the new way to pad ones income??  Now I have a few Pitchney's, a Stetzko collection  and one beautiful old Lefty but that's it.  I would never spend $130 on any plug..After all it's just a piece of wood..:)

I’m not a collector but I get it. Sucks for the guys that only want to fish them but that’s how it goes. 

Collecting is a hobby just like fishing. If the collectors are willing to pay there will always be a secondary market. If the builders used serial numbers or codes and restricted buying the demand and secondary price would just go higher.