coolhandfluke

NJDFW confirmed that fishing is allowed under outdoor exercise category.

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

To piggy back off this. I spoke to an officer in Middletown, NJ. if you are by yourself it is 100% ok. However in my opinion i would not use usual parking lots where there is a large amount is assembling. 4 or 5 guys puttin on waders or launching yaks will probanbly get broken up. be smart about it. And no harm in cuttin down on your days. Weather gunna be miserable rest of week anyway. 

1 hour ago, joefishnj21 said:

To piggy back off this. I spoke to an officer in Middletown, NJ. if you are by yourself it is 100% ok. However in my opinion i would not use usual parking lots where there is a large amount is assembling. 4 or 5 guys puttin on waders or launching yaks will probanbly get broken up. be smart about it. And no harm in cuttin down on your days. Weather gunna be miserable rest of week anyway. 

Smart.... Let's say I will not be seeing you in your regular area to stay away from there b/c that back lot is only asking for trouble

I don't think the statement by Fish and Wildlife a week ago is going to supersede any local mandates. For example, Seaside just closed all their beaches to include people walking on the beach.:read:

This is the only thing I can find.....But it's from the 16th which might as well be last decade.

https://www.nj.gov/dep/newsrel/2020/20_0010.htm

There was a livestream with the Gov saying we are allowed to go outdoors and such...but that was the day he announced the lockdown...

5 hours ago, Sheisty said:

Fishing isn't the problem. Fishing after curfew is the problem that needs to be clarified.

I wanted to pond fish today..

went to colonial park.....usually 10 to 20 cars amongst the lots and nobodoy fishing.

There were about 200 cars................Shocked it didn't get shut down.