ljschroe

Keeping it light

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Fish will be out front soon, and I know I could use a fish topic laugh, while the last few fishless days of social distancing dwindle.

Here's one of my old time favs: 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Love that Classic brings me back.  Im heading out this evening for a few casts, need some fresh air and sanity.

Edited by Kooky

Back when kid’s entertainment had some value, rather than the mindless crap they watch now. Thanks for this, still makes me laugh 50 yrs later! :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Back when kid’s entertainment had some value, rather than the mindless crap they watch now. Thanks for this, still makes me laugh 50 yrs later! :)

I made my kids sit and watch it with me, they thought it was funny.  They thought it was even funnier when i told them this was as good as it got for entertainment when i was a kid.....   :laugh:

Edited by Kooky

7 mins ago, Kooky said:

I made my kids sit and watch it with me, they thought it was funny.  They thought it was even funnier when i told them this was as good as it got for entertainment when i was a kid.....   :laugh:

It’s crazy Kooky, how few kids even know what SS is! I turned it on for my young grandkids last week while i was babysitting them, and they said, “What is this?” Couldn’t believe they had never seen it. They were glued to it, and were participating with the vowels and letter sounds, and actually getting something from it. I can’t even watch the stupid things they tune into these days.

5 hours ago, Mack26 said:

you must have older kids because the kids stuff today is absolutely hilarious.

(not all of it obviously but for the most part its freaking hilarious)

28 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

you must have older kids because the kids stuff today is absolutely hilarious.

(not all of it obviously but for the most part its freaking hilarious)

I do have older kids, hence the grandkids, but i have a set of 14 yr old twins, who thank god never really paid much attention to it. 

Couple of beers and some sponge bob is a good time. Lol. 

there’s another one that I’ve only seen a couple of times. I forget the name but  I say “holy crap” a few times every time. 

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

There’s another one that I’ve only seen a couple of times. I forget the name but  I say “holy crap” a few times every time. 

There's been a few... Homer Simpson

Family Guy

Archie Bunker,

Everybody loves Raymond, His dad use to say that too.

asked my middle schooler..."Bob's Burgers".  think the discussion is more on cartoons for younger kids but this show is funny as hell and probably inappropriate for anything less than a middle schooler. 

we watched Shrek again the other night, i had forgotten how much adult content they hid in that movie :laugh:

i remember my kids being little and baby Einstein being a thing. 20 bucks for a half hour of someone holding a kids toy....i don't know if i was more mad or jealous.