JerseySurf

Engaging in outdoor activites

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Would surf fishing be considered "engaging in out door activities" ? Not seeing any specifics in the NJ state COVID-19 info hub and did not see anything on individuals not being allowed to engage in out door activities by themselves at state parks. I fish alone, so I don't see how this would affect me. 

I would say it is and you should not get bothered if you stay at least 6 feet away from everyone else.

I looks to be feasible at this point with out any consequences. Parks still open as far as I know. Just wish the there were more specifics from the state before I make a trip.  

Five more threads and maybe we'll have an answer!

Do what you want, if you get sent home you get sent home.  Stay away from other people and you should be fine.

Governer is encouraging law enforcement to hand out disorderly Persons offenses for violating these rules. Techinicly it’s a crime in nj punishable by up to 30 days in jail and I believe a fine of up to 10k. Will anyone actually be charged with this I highly doubt it but that’s what Murphy is recomending.

Posted (edited) · Report post

That’s why they are letting prisoners out of

jail to make room for fishermen breaking the governors curfew 

Edited by SPCFudgie

I could see people getting fined but probably no jail time.  We shut down a gym today and the owner will probably get charged...

Willing to bet you will get slammed with a parking ticket before they arrest you.  They dont want you coughing on them, they just want your credit card.