PCstriper

Covid - 19 and Tylenol

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Just got a text from work telling us to only take Tylenol if you are not feeling well.

 

A report from NYU/Cornell said based on a study from Vienna and Vancouver to only take Tylenol or whatever generic medication like it. 

 

NO IBUPROFEN AT ALL !!! 

Ibuprofen seems to make the virus worse so do not under any circumstances take ibuprofen if you are feverish or have tested positive for Corona/China Virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeMc said:

That's interesting. I only have ibuprofen in the house. 

The report said ibuprofen was making the virus 10x worse, no other details then that but that is from the FDNY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And my whole family laughs at me cause I never take that stuff.   :laugh:

 

Aspirin for me only when needed. Of course the way things our going that will probably kill me too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoOver said:

I take Naproxen for arthritis what has ibuprofen in it.

 

Thanks for the heads up.

Me too, I live on that stuff when I get too achy ! Not now tho, I'll deal with the aches and pains  ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, DoOver said:

I take Naproxen for arthritis what has ibuprofen in it.

 

Thanks for the heads up.

click the link patchy posted...and the cdc site, and ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, patchyfog said:

Patchy, I saw this study the other day also, or one like it. Saying it hasn't been tested long enough to make a sure determination. If there is any chance that Ibuprofen is making this virus worse why take that chance ? If the FDNY is telling its members not to take it do to the results from two separate studies that came up with similar results, well that's good enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

take it all now....

 

Kindly go **** yourself.

 

2 mins ago, DoOver said:

 

Good gravy everything has a flip side, how can one believe anything?

 

You can say that again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, DoOver said:

 

Good gravy everything has a flip side, how can one believe anything?

news is changing by the minute

stick with reputable places like the cdc, nih, etc.

it's all you can do I suppose

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, PCstriper said:

Patchy, I saw this study the other day also, or one like it. Saying it hasn't been tested long enough to make a sure determination. If there is any chance that Ibuprofen is making this virus worse why take that chance ? If the FDNY is telling its members not to take it do to the results from two separate studies that came up with similar results, well that's good enough for me.

I'm not arguing against your position. Posted the link for info only about the differing and confusing statements over the last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.