Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedGreen

Possible to get to NJ from out of state?

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Just trying to get to the shore to striper fish. How's it looking for crossing state lines to get to the shore? I'm from PA, about an hour W/NW of Philly.

I don't think that crossing the border is an issue. I think at the moment a lot of the local beach communities aren't interested in having visitors based on having limited supplies, limited health infrastructure and a majority of elderly year round residents.  Some of the towns have even went as far as asking part time resident homeowners to stay away for the safety of their full time residents.  So, I don't know how having out of state plates on your vehicle plays out with local authorities :why:

4 mins ago, Compulsion said:

Heads up, they are going after out of state license plates, considering in non essential travel

Yep

1 hour ago, Compulsion said:

Heads up, they are going after out of state license plates, considering in non essential travel

That's the sort of thing I was looking for. May just go elsewhere. I don't want to have to be constantly looking over my shoulder while I'm fishing.

Our Governor has basically said out of state people should stay away, including those with shore homes here. It's on the front page of FOX News right now.

I can't say I like our Governor, but he is correct regarding this. Nobody unless need be, should be traveling to other states. Honestly, I find it somewhat selfish of those whom are walking around like it's just a regular day. Many people are infected showing zero, or little signs, and in fact infecting others, and not even knowing it. 

52 mins ago, Gully said:

is fishing banned during the 'curfew' hrs?  

I had a cop roll by me last night at 11pm when I was taking my waders off and he didn’t stop or say a thing.  Roads were kind of eerie, very empty except for seeing cops everywhere.

1 hour ago, MattieG said:

Our Governor has basically said out of state people should stay away, including those with shore homes here. It's on the front page of FOX News right now.

I can't say I like our Governor, but he is correct regarding this. Nobody unless need be, should be traveling to other states. Honestly, I find it somewhat selfish of those whom are walking around like it's just a regular day. Many people are infected showing zero, or little signs, and in fact infecting others, and not even knowing it. 

Agreed. But what’s wrong with walking around and maintaining large amount of space between yourself and others.  

Keep anyone other than those living there out of your house.  Avoid any gatherings of people not part of your immediate household.  Treat everyone as if your contagious or them.  
But no reason you can’t go out enjoy the great outdoors. :th:

Saw 2 different cops and 2 different cars pulled over on 2 different  exit ramps of the GSP today, both had PA tags. Not sure what that was all about?? BTW, that was in Cape May County.