bluebass

Reel repair experience

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

What was the nature of the repair & what was the reason they gave you for the delay?Something isn’t right - that shop has a pretty good reputation. 

Edited by vinnyb

13 mins ago, vinnyb said:

What was the nature of the repair & what was the reason they gave you for the delay?Something isn’t right - that shop has a pretty good reputation. 

Give them to clean and yearly maintenance. 15 days later called . They told me need one gear and ordered. Since then waiting for gear., We send for repair , it’s in store but need gear replace . Last week they get back from local guy no handle missing . 
if you are store owner . You should do right with customer . I don’t care if their repair guy or some one else  misplace parts .  I give to them they are responsible. They don’t  do right with me . 

Here in South County, RI just about everyone I know uses Beavertail Rod and Reel (beavertailrodandreel.com) for their reel repair and maintenance needs.  I'm always impressed with Dave's repair/maintenance on my reels and I've never heard anyone complain about his work (including making parts that are no longer available in his machine shop).  Dave is a high quality person who runs his business on that value.  I was in his shop one time when he was opening a box of reels from the state of Washington, so his repuation has spanned far beyond South County.

10 hours ago, bluebass said:

Give them to clean and yearly maintenance. 15 days later called . They told me need one gear and ordered. Since then waiting for gear., We send for repair , it’s in store but need gear replace . Last week they get back from local guy no handle missing . 
if you are store owner . You should do right with customer . I don’t care if their repair guy or some one else  misplace parts .  I give to them they are responsible. They don’t  do right with me . 

Maybe parts are delayed due to the virus situation but you are correct - they are ultimately responsible for the reel. Assuming they have now ordered a new handle?  Also - just to reiterate what someone else said. It’s worth it to take the time to learn how to maintain your own gear. It’s not that difficult & it’s a great way to pass the time during the off-season.