bluebass

Reel repair experience

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Anyone deal with salt waters bait and tackle in west islip,NY???

December 3 th 2019 , 4 months ago bring my reel to them to service Today is March 22 2020. Not repaired but bring back to me missing parts. No handle , god know what is gears missing inside reel. Do not bring anything for repair . They will loose it . Sending to repair their friend or repair guy. They don’t take responsibility to do right things for their customer . Still waiting my reel.

I’m going to do that . But I have been living  same town 30 year. I want to  deal local .  Support local business They can survive .  But ........
 Thank you for advice. 

1 hour ago, bluebass said:

I’m going to do that . But I have been living  same town 30 year. I want to  deal local .  Support local business They can survive .  But ........
 Thank you for advice. 

Yea, good luck with that. It`s nothing more than prolonging the inevitable.

I was doing same with local small tackle shops, and always ended up paying more for less.

2 hours ago, bluebass said:

December 3 th 2019 , 4 months ago bring my reel to them to service Today is March 22 2020. Not repaired but bring back to me missing parts. No handle , god know what is gears missing inside reel. Do not bring anything for repair . They will loose it . Sending to repair their friend or repair guy. They don’t take responsibility to do right things for their customer . Still waiting my reel.

I have a B&T here in cape may, when I send a reel out it usually comes back in less than a week.It usually takes that long for guys that do repairs "in house"as well.Sometimes getting parts is an issue but 3-4  months is unacceptable .

I understand in house repair take longer  but anything happen to reel or rod shops responsibility . This is my reel give to them  now they are trying to give back to me with out handle.  

8DD8D484-FEB3-4F44-855A-4AAB0F19E61C.png

1 hour ago, bluebass said:

I understand in house repair take longer  but anything happen to reel or rod shops responsibility . This is my reel give to them  now they are trying to give back to me with out handle.  

8DD8D484-FEB3-4F44-855A-4AAB0F19E61C.png

maybe one of them there took the handle for himself or they sold it to another customer.

HH

Posted (edited) · Report post

For what its worth, Saltwaters is one of three of the local approved factory service facilities for Van Staal.  I brought 4 VS reels there at the end of the season to be serviced.....and although the turn around was not very fast.....they were professional, responsive when I called them,  and did an excellent job.  I also had them fix a cracked guide and tip top on an ODM rod and do some repairs on an old custom boat rod.  All interactions I have had with them have been excellent.

Edited by jesgord

I've never had an issue with them. I've had every van staal I own/owned repaired or serviced by them with zero issues and a 1-1.5 week wait time. Very bizarre, great guys over there.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:13 AM, bluebass said:

I always found Saltwaters to be a decent shop, although I usually have any work I need done at Trophy Tackle in Babylon.

18 hours ago, bluebass said:

May be just my luck ???

61E0EA8C-7C43-4EF9-894D-0E5B5D3D5416.jpeg

That's the reason you have to learn how to fix things that you own yourself.

Always had great service there sent my VS200SXP there three times and my hex-side VS300 there once. I thought the turnaround time was quick about two weeks there and a week in the mail! Five star rating from me

As I said , maybe just me .  Today March 25 th still I don’t have my reel . They said  they are going to have a my reel  unrepaird  full reel . Because handle was missing . Nothing Since Last Friday .