27conch

I am pretty much starting to be convinced !!!!

Rate this topic

303 posts in this topic

I am pretty much starting to be convinced that the 6 pack charter boat captains and commercial fishermen are all pretty much ignorant and simple minded. I hope that I am wrong in regards to this and that my last encounter with one of them was just an isolated point of view. Case in point in regards to COVID-19.
I asked a Long Island NY 6 pack captain if he felt any obligation to stop fishing during this virus out break? I asked this question after he posted how his boat was disinfected and ready to go. Now he was putting 6 random people on his boat along with himself and a mate for an 8 hour trip. His boat being cleaned was nice, but how could he know if any of the passengers or himself or the mate might be infected? His reply to this question...**** you !! I then asked him if he would feel any different if I had Ebola and went on the same trip with him. His reply, **** You and I hope you get Ebola. Another commercial fishermen posted a thumbs up sign as well. Why is it that this sector is always about themselves and making a buck??

He most likely has his reasons for doing and saying what he did. This virus is upsetting everyones lively hoods. It's tough and folks are angry. Maybe he has a tough nut to crack. We really don't know what someone else cross to bear is. 

Empathy is important right now and we shouldn't judge if we don't know someones big picture:howdy:

So none of you care that let’s say one passenger on the boat has the virus. He transmits it to 5 of the other fishermen. Now they all go home and infect their families. One of the family members comes in contact with one of you and now your infected. All because someone felt the need to say **** all the rest of you, were going fishing!! Got the guy who said he hopes I get Ebola. Really?  I always tell people that 90% of the works is fillled with idiots. With most of your comments here, I am convinced you are in the 90% class.  Congrats!  Your parents must be so proud of you !!

Yesterday police stoped me driving while return working, I am alone in my car behind a van with 3 workers.

Police said us that in van can go only 2 persons max and sugested to put 1 in my car (forbidden more than 1 in particular car).

I told police that all ****ing year this passengers are drinking the same water (bottle).

Do you know why I don't share my drink and drive my own car instead of share all humanity godness?

What kind of gun did the captain use when he pointed it at the 6 fishermen and the mate when he forced them to go on the fishing trip?

I understand how you feel. I agree that it is not smart right now to be in the company of that many people for so long. However, these adults are making the choice to walk onto the boat with others. The mate does not have to go either.