Fishy4335

Is New York State on Mandatory Lockdown?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, ThrowinPlugs said:

Honestly, this 'quarantine' is a joke. With no actual enforcement, fines etc, it's just gonna keep spreading. 

Yesterday evening I went down to local beach, to practice casting with 13' rod and 5, 6 and 7 sinkers.

Parking lot full, kids, between 6 and 8 or 9,  running around, driving scooters and bikes, while parents drinking something out of bottles and sitting on the back bed of trucks.

Usually, nobody is walking on that beach spot afternoon, but yesterday was full.

Couldn't measure my casts. I was able to make only 1 cast on sand, the rest were into the water, far, far away.:wee:

Edited by Popasilov

On 3/21/2020 at 7:26 AM, pakalolo said:

BULLSHIRT!!!!! Will still drive the beach every day and go to work, I work outside and will not bring my crew back for the season yet. Been clamming too, hey gotta feed the family.

Hey Jim, Did the citiots buy up all the food from the local stores?? Did some chowder,,stuffed clams and white clam sauce, the past few weeks. No holdover bass here, anybody still setting fykes?

On 3/21/2020 at 7:26 AM, pakalolo said:

BULLSHIRT!!!!! Will still drive the beach every day and go to work, I work outside and will not bring my crew back for the season yet. Been clamming too, hey gotta feed the family.

Hey Jim, Did the citiots buy up all the food from the local stores?? Did some chowder,,stuffed clams and white clam sauce, the past few weeks. No holdover bass here, anybody still setting fykes?

11 hours ago, Shag said:

Initially the citiots cleaned out the stores, some beotch bought $8K of product from Citarella! Still no paper products or cleaning supplies or flu remedies in local Stop N Shop  , gotta take the drive to Riverhead COSTCO or BJ'S . Not sure about fykes for flounder but it's time!  Be well.

1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

Initially the citiots cleaned out the stores, some beotch bought $8K of product from Citarella! Still no paper products or cleaning supplies or flu remedies in local Stop N Shop  , gotta take the drive to Riverhead COSTCO or BJ'S . Not sure about fykes for flounder but it's time!  Be well.

Just the opposite of Hurricane Sandy. The only place you could find anything you needed including gasoline was on the east end, but I guess the citiots didn't really feel the hurricane. Everyone anywhere within 50 miles on the NY Bight certainly did. I bummed a part time residence out there, tough commute but once I got there a relief and weekends were a whole lot better.

Hang in there guys.  West Coast is not great but it's just awful out in your neck of the woods. 

Have a nephew in Brooklyn, mid 30's, street baller that didn't shut it down.  Got it early last week but he is doing better.  Self isolated, fever, chills and body aches.  Should be fine.

Just had our lockdown extended to May 1.

Stay safe!

Edited by HansB