Fishy4335

Is New York State on Mandatory Lockdown?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Are people allowed out of their homes aside from groceries and medicine?.... what are the details of this? Can not fish for excersize? Drive to water?

BULLSHIRT!!!!! Will still drive the beach every day and go to work, I work outside and will not bring my crew back for the season yet. Been clamming too, hey gotta feed the family.

Posted (edited) · Report post

New York is not in lockdown, it is in Pause (who comes up with these names)

Guidelines from the NYS website:

The 10-point NYS on PAUSE plan is as follows: 

Effective at 8PM on Sunday, March 22, all non-essential businesses statewide will be closed;

Non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason (e.g. parties, celebrations or other social events) are canceled or postponed at this time;

Any concentration of individuals outside their home must be limited to workers providing essential services and social distancing should be practiced;

When in public individuals must practice social distancing of at least six feet from others;

Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet;

Individuals should limit outdoor recreational activities to non-contact and avoid activities where they come in close contact with other people;

Individuals should limit use of public transportation to when absolutely necessary and should limit potential exposure by spacing out at least six feet from other riders;

Sick individuals should not leave their home unless to receive medical care and only after a telehealth visit to determine if leaving the home is in the best interest of their health;

Young people should also practice social distancing and avoid contact with vulnerable populations;

and

Use precautionary sanitizer practices such as using isopropyl alcohol wipes

Edited by Suebert2

Just a basic common sense x5

But, then again, common sense with those younger generation, does not exist.

Anyone catch Princess Andie channeling DJT with a gaffe, "The ventilators are to this war what missiles were to World War II"???  Don't know about you, but last time I looked, the people with the missiles (Germany) LOST WWII...

1 min ago, Suebert2 said:

I believe he is referring to Cuomo.

Thanks

It makes sense now

But why princess?

Double faced scum-bag is more appropriate.

5 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Thanks

It makes sense now

But why princess?

Double faced scum-bag is more appropriate.

I agree and I don't like the fact he is being associated to my gender...lol

9 mins ago, Suebert2 said:

.... he is being associated to my gender...lol

And, here I was thinking I am the only one.

Welcome to the club.

Lol no.

I've seen more people walking around in my neighborhood now than in the 12 years I've lived here. 'Essential' personal (like myself) are still forced to go into work, or you can take a leave of absence with no pay outside of wasting sick or vacation days, and maybe not come back to a job. Theres tons of people in parks, stores, etc. 

Honestly, this 'quarantine' is a joke. With no actual enforcement, fines etc, it's just gonna keep spreading. 

On 3/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, ThrowinPlugs said:

'Essential' personal (like myself) are still forced to go into work, or you can take a leave of absence with no pay outside of wasting sick or vacation days, and maybe not come back to a job.

Same boat.

My employer told me I can go on "voluntary" unemployment or continue to work with out any protective gear.