Joe G

ACOE closes Canal facilities

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

You had to know this was coming. Strict "carry in, carry out" trash policy now in effect. Yea, that ought to work.  :rolleyes: . Something tells me this is only the first step.

Edited by bob_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bob_G said:

You had to know this was coming. Strict "carry in, carry out" trash policy now in effect. Yea, that ought to work. :rolleyes:. Something tells me this is only the first step.

 

I agree, Bob.  More tightening will follow.  Curious...next door...Gray Gables Market...... open or closed?

 

I'm also hearing solid stuff from Baker's and Marty's guys....bits and pieces being leaked....next few days it will break..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, Joe G said:

Just coming through...….applies to rest rooms, trash barrels. Appears parking lots are not affected.

Joe, it's winter, that stuff is out off service already...………………...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, b-ware said:

Joe, it's winter, that stuff is out off service already...………………...

And it will stay that way according to the press release.

 

Also, the CCC Visitor Center and the CCC Field Office on Academy Dr. will also be/remain shuttered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. I think the point is it will continue beyond what is traditionally the start date for restrooms and trash collection, which if memory serves is normally mid to late April but I could be wrong. For how long who knows? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess they'll wait to see what the state does re: lockdown, if anything, before implementing any more restrictions. At least that is my hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 mins ago, bob_G said:

You had to know this was coming. Strict "carry in, carry out" trash policy now in effect. Yea, that ought to work.  :rolleyes: . Something tells me this is only the first step.

RI beaches have had that policy for years now, doesn't work very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict the implementation of a gating system on every canal parking lot possible, & barriers elsewhere.  Follow that up with a full pedestrian closure to walkers, bikers, & fisherman alike on the either the path or canal adjacent. With the blockage of parking, the ACOE rangers will be deputized to enforce a no human activity order.

:idea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

I predict the implementation of a gating system on every canal parking lot possible, & barriers elsewhere.  Follow that up with a full pedestrian closure to walkers, bikers, & fisherman alike on the either the path or canal adjacent. With the blockage of parking, the ACOE rangers will be deputized to enforce a no human activity order.

 

So are you all posting about Coronavirus reaction, or something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

I predict the implementation of a gating system on every canal parking lot possible, & barriers elsewhere.  Follow that up with a full pedestrian closure to walkers, bikers, & fisherman alike on the either the path or canal adjacent. With the blockage of parking, the ACOE rangers will be deputized to enforce a no human activity order.

:idea:

Well that would be one way to lighten up pressure on the fish for a while ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, jeffreyrichard said:

So are you all posting about Coronavirus reaction, or something else?

 

I can only speak for myself in saying that I see this as the logical progression of a crowd control plan. There was serious talk of closing gates last summer, crowds were that unruly already. In today's climate it doesn't even matter how well behaved we are, crowds are strictly verboten.

 

In my travels past the Bournedale lot yesterday, it looked to be about 80% full and it was less than 40 degrees out! Add free fish and warmer weather to the equation and the crowd will swell fast and furious. 6 foot buffering at all points on good tides is realistically unreasonable. Mix in bikers, walkers, & joggers and well.... :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

 

I can only speak for myself in saying that I see this as the logical progression of a crowd control plan. There was serious talk of closing gates last summer, crowds were that unruly already. In today's climate it doesn't even matter how well behaved we are, crowds are strictly verboten.

 

In my travels past the Bournedale lot yesterday, it looked to be about 80% full and it was less than 40 degrees out! Add free fish and warmer weather to the equation and the crowd will swell fast and furious. 6 foot buffering at all points on good tides is realistically unreasonable. Mix in bikers, walkers, & joggers and well.... :eek:

That's a lot of used TP floating down the CCC.   

You won't even get a good presentation to breaking fish because of it.   

You'll have to hire someone to clear your lines on an hour wage just for sanity reasons.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.