ljschroe

Osprey 2020

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

The ones i saw were clearly removed, these were on the platforms on the cell towers and there was a lot of work on the towers over the winter. Im assuming the got the nest off their "equipment", im sure having the nests and birds up there causes issues for them to do work and thier tech.

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

The ones i saw were clearly removed, these were on the platforms on the cell towers and there was a lot of work on the towers over the winter. Im assuming the got the nest off their "equipment", im sure having the nests and birds up there causes issues for them to do work and thier tech.

Cell towers can get a legal pass from F&G to remove osprey nests during the winter.

Just like fish farms can get a pass to shoot ospreys that prey on their stock.

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

gotcha...for years they've been fighting them in the lights of the football field at Barrington high. 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:32 PM, osprey47 said:

I haven't been to ct in over a year. Sorry #fakenews 

Musta been ur cousin then

10 hours ago, Kooky said:

I've wondered how and if any radiation affects the birds...

On 4/3/2021 at 9:42 AM, trwhite said:

Had 2 eagles fly right over me this morning in SW RI. I've only seen one in RI ever, felt like I was in Maine for a second.

Had a bald eagle near my house in EG last year. Amazing sight. 

12 hours ago, ljschroe said:

Captured this on the Conanicut cam the other night...

owl-in-nest.jpg

I wonder if owls attack ospreys? Or vice versa? :eek: