ljschroe

Osprey 2020

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, UPSmanMatt said:

Birds on the Conanicut Cam. 

I love that cam..those birds were having a tough rainy welcome earliier today!  I have also been watching the (still empty) Menunkatuck Hamonasset cam in Madison, Ct.

1 min ago, ljschroe said:

I love that cam..those birds were having a tough rainy welcome earliier today!  I have also been watching the (still empty) Menunkatuck Hamonasset cam in Madison, Ct.

Got a good soaking earlier today. Pettaquamscutt cam nest is still empty. 

And the Silver Lake nest hasn't had a bird in it again since Tuesday that I have seen .. passed by Thursday, Friday and Yesterday.  Will look again in the morning.

Sorry guys, I've been a lazy ass this year so far.  I saw the osprey at Silver Spring some time last week and didn't post the notification.  It may have been the 23/24 , so pretty close to last year. There's also one at the next nest site up the road ( N ) on route 1.   I'm always amazed that they all seem to show within a few days of each other, so I'm not sure if they all migrate together, or go solo.  I don't think I've ever heard about anyone seeing a giant flock of osprey flying north, but maybe they do....

I’ve seen some in the Galilee Salt Marsh. In fact, a pair was perched upon the water tower along the top of the Escape Rd. this morning, but I’m unsure if that will become a permanent nest.

Found it interesting that The nest on the Colt State Park Headquarters roof (the barn) disappeared over the winter... a bit odd since DEM basically uses it as there field office, and there usually hardcore sticklers about those nests.