cityevader

Not quite pointy, not quite sharp "knife"

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

I have super sharp knives and machetes and dull screwdrivers and shovels and pick/axes..... But I am seeking a bridge between those tools....a "firefighter" tool to lean against...a tool to pry open a door... to scrape earth without worry because the edge wasn't "sharp" to begin with...to separate the blue/red wires of a bomb before deciding which one to cut...a heavy duty large-knife-sized-tool for grunt work. 

11 hours ago, cityevader said:

Not a gardening tool, but a "demolition" tool. I saw some burly ones that were more chisel shaped than knife shaped. OF course, mere pictures on the web cannot give a proper impression of an object.

....Just something I was thinking about, that is small, for adding to the toolbox that already has a folding shovel/pick.

cats paw

crow bar

shale bar?

Pretty sure you are looking for an "Abalone Knife". That is the real name, but search on the web for abalone tool, or you will just find fancy knives with abalone scales. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

How about a Ka-Bar Becker Tac Tool?

Becker Tac Tool

(9)

A design collaboration between Ethan Becker of BK&T and John Benner of TDI, the Tac Tool smashes, bashes, pries, hammers and cuts. It is equally powerful at lifting stubborn hinge pins, prying open doors or windows, and hammering out glass as it is efficient at cutting 550 cord. A partially serrated edge makes cutting looped and synthetic materials a breeze. MOLLE compatible hard plastic sheath included. Becker Knives "Work for a living". Made in the USA.

Handle Color: Black

Edited by Big Biscuit

That Ka-Bar would be sweet if not for that giant weak spot near the tip where the cord cutter is... Pricey too. 

Now an Abalone tool looks like JUST the ticket! If only i could handle one in person first... But it's far cheaper than the Ka-Bar. 

Thank you! 

I've no idea... But i feel there is a gap in tools. Sometimes i've catefully tried prying with a sharp tool knowing it was foolish yet STILL cut myself. 

I've dug, reaching the angular limits of the digging tool and wished I'd had a "straight ahead" poking-type tool. 

My everyday job requires making tools to fit, sometimes, where the supposedly standard tool simply cannot work. 

... And when the zombies are here, well.......