Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Best Gun to Defend My TP

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

"As things change, and people feel like their regular, everyday life is being impinged upon, they feel like they need to protect themselves," said Andrew Chernoff, owner of Coliseum Gun Traders Ltd. in Uniondale, which he said at one point had a line of 175 people. "People feel like they need to be able to defend themselves, make sure they have their own security."

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 gauge pump like a Mossberg 88. They aren't expensive, and pretty much fool proof. Get a box of bird shot to get used to shooting, and a box of buck shot for self defense. I have an older Ithaca but those are expensive.

Now 90% of my pistol practice is on targets 30 feet and in because i have 1 long hall in my house, but most likely if I have to use firearm  to protect my family it is going to be really close.

Edited by mwhitt80

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Dateline March 18, 6am, Clifton NJ. Stop and Shop opens for 90 minutes of seniors only shopping. Hundreds of seniors are waiting outside in the rain.

I'm afraid to go. It might be a trick and I'll never be seen agam.

29 mins ago, mwhitt80 said:

12 gauge pump like a Mossberg 88. They aren't expensive, and pretty much fool proof. Get a box of bird shot to get used to shooting, and a box of buck shot for self defense. I have an older Ithaca but those are expensive.

Now 90% of my pistol practice is on targets 30 feet and in because i have 1 long hall in my house, but most likely if I have to use firearm  to protect my family it is going to be really close.

3" turkey load as warning followed by 1oz lead slugs

12 mins ago, Sandflee said:

3" turkey load as warning followed by 1oz lead slugs

Close.... 9 pellet buck shot followed by the slug, hunted that way for years when we were pushing and posting shotgun.... there are no warning shots in my home. 

Side note.....looking for a better holster for a sig P365, I’ve had my cwp for a long time, but i just got back in to carrying every day after a 10 year hiatus. 

Edited by bigfish4me

Speaking of self defense and firing a gun I have a maroon story for you. 

At the end of January I get call from my best friend that his dad is going to die pretty quickly. So after the call I grab my Ruger lcp, a box of ammo and walk to our pistol range. I'm keep fiddling with the way I am holding the gun because my thumb keeps accidentally hitting the clip release. On the last shot of the day my thumb ends up too high and the slide cuts it all the way to the bone. I bled crazy and God almighty it hurt.

54 mins ago, mwhitt80 said:

I have a pistol grip on mine.  When the kids were still here I had # 4 shot for use within the house if needed.  Now, I have a dozen 00 in my nightstand though -it's comforting.

(PSA to anyone who may not have considered birdshot for use within the house with others around: Buckshot (and obviously FMJ) will go through sheetrock.)  

Mossberg SS Coast guard issue pistol grip 12 g with 4B. You'll still be able to use the TP after. 

Edited by Brother Brian

Do any of you have an AR? I'm looking at buying one to shoot (not protection) and this not something I am familiar with. 

From talking with people who use them for hogs and coyotes (basically the application I would use it for) I should look at something like a Daniel defense m4, but I have no clue