Sea Breeze

Anyone gone out fishing during Covid 19 shelter in plac?

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

My city is in lock down shelter in place order has been given here in San Francisco. Has anyone been out fishing during these times? Whether you’re a San Franciscan or not; has anyone gone out fishing whether on a offshore , pier, shore , surf etc.

Not yet, but in the next few days, yes. I wouldn’t go anyplace where there may be a crowd however. Right now, I’m taking social isolation (6 foot separation) seriously.

1 hour ago, Sea Breeze said:

My city is in lock down shelter in place order has been given here in San Francisco. Has anyone been out fishing during these times? Whether you’re a San Franciscan or not; has anyone gone out fishing whether on a offshore , pier, shore , surf etc.

Yup hit the surf yesterday and doing so today.

I was out in lousy conditions yesterday, for 1 small spotted bay bass... I needed to get out, but still kept my distances from everyone... No contact made anywhere... If you guys go out be careful about contact and wash your hands...

Butch

Got some good perch action mon and Tuesday. I went to a quiet beach where people don’t go as much but still had to pass ppl on a trail :shrug: 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Went and fished a couple of hours last night. It was great to get out and got a few strikes, but nothing landed.

There we’re other folks on the beach but everyone kept their distance. 

Wash your hands.

Edited by Alferd Packer

Hmmmmm...

So, thanks to everyone who crossed the GGB to get a little R&R from the city, all Marin County parks are no closed until further notice. This includes Pt. Reys, GgNRC, the local dog parks, playgrounds. All of it!

Not happy. 

This is ALL parks, so a few questions,

-Where do I take my dogs for their morning/ evening constitutional?

-Where can I go for exercise and a breath of fresh air?

-If I am on a fire trail with no one around, am I breaking the law?

I can wait a couple of weeks before I break out the rod and gear again, and even then a little creativity will suffice. But what about keeping myself, my wife, and my kids from going nuts?

Everything will be closed soon in the valley too after what I saw this weekend. Huge gatherings and parties all over the shore at the lake, and large amounts of people not keeping their distance at the river too. 

Fishing options here are very limited now

Posted (edited) · Report post

Been more busy at work, providing remote work capabilities...

Tho IMHO, lock down is basically to prevent/minimize the inter-personal spread of the disease and non-stop home to beach drive and walk on the beach while avoiding people, which is what I do anyway, shouldn't go against the objectives.

That being said, I made couple of trips myself, rather than for fishing but to do some build testing of my new rod (Black Hole Suzuki 10') and was pleasantly supersized, both by the rod and catches.

Price / weight / action of the Black hole fit my bill perfectly.

It is paired with very light Abu Morrum 3600 for light(.5~1.5 oz) plug/metal casting for bigger perches, butts and schoolie stripers.

Test results came out pretty good and sharing a few pics with ya all.

BH-test1.jpg.8a98d3f5b9398fd8992f27d73a98e0aa.jpgBH-test2.jpg.5cef69dba6cea79635630fa9e66f503a.jpgBHTestCtch1.jpg.0c0e9ede1232c6a9226202534c8a7bce.jpgTestCatch-2020.jpg.7a8467c45eafb19680d2d4df64ffeb72.jpgBHTestCtch2.jpg.e3e8147d095e544741c63f3bafc87267.jpgBHTestCtch3.jpg.69949fd553cf2cd60995ea2527a789ca.jpgBHTestCtch4.jpg.2250175e95d67ea5033a0c0c6f67a511.jpg

Edited by Gundalba

Nice setup,I can go fishing where no one is near,not the beach though..the river,stripers not running   yet....or they do not like my presentation.

Come to think of it it could be the time to go north of the Golden Gate,when the weather gets better....stay safe my friends.

Went out at dawn this past Friday. First two state beaches I stopped at, gates were locked and so went to a walk in beach and fished til about 8am and then boogied out of there. Conditions were a bit on the rough side and fish were not cooperating, possibly they too are sheltering in place? Expect beach wide bans and signage to be next. Heard they already handed out some Misdemeanors in Monterey County over the weekend for not obeying the shelter in place order.