ksong

Fishing in Florida for a month

Rate this topic

193 posts in this topic

Kil, please don't shake hands. The drama

queens have decided that this might possibly

pass on this bug they r whining about. I just

read that high fiving is ok. Fish on Cowboy.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is a video I took today.

Isn't it peaceful ?  

They are aware of corona virus, but they did not close beaches and jetties as the cases there are still small.  

I am very safer here than any other place

I am going to stay here by the end of April. Hopefully corona virus crisis ends before then.  Be careful everyone.

20200326_115921.mp4

Edited by ksong

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, ksong said:

Here is a video I took today.

Isn't it peaceful ?  

They are aware of corona virus, but they did not close beaches and jetties as the cases there are still small.  

I am very safer here than any other place

I am going to stay here by the end of April. Hopefully corona virus crisis ends before then.  Be careful everyone.

20200326_115921.mp4

New Port Aransas declaration

Posted: 7:04 AM, Mar 26, 2020 
Updated: 2:20 PM, Mar 26, 2020

“Fishing from shore, whether its the ship channel, jetties or beach is also prohibited.”

Edited by levari

10 mins ago, levari said:

New Port Aransas declaration

Posted: 7:04 AM, Mar 26, 2020 
Updated: 2:20 PM, Mar 26, 2020

“Fishing from shore, whether its the ship channel, jetties or beach is also prohibited.”

I am OK as my mission is completed. I have cozy cottage and I can work computer. :)

20200326_110708.jpg

20200326_110715.jpg

21 mins ago, ksong said:

I am OK as my mission is completed. I have cozy cottage and I can work computer. :)

20200326_110708.jpg

20200326_110715.jpg

Your mission is to stay healthy..

I am going to study  fishing opportunities in the areas  on computer in the cottage. I didn't know there  are lots of tarpon and trophy speckled trout in addition to excellent red drum. 

I wonder why these fishing bans? Are the crowds on local jetties that thick? The jetty surfaces I am seeing are rough and broken, not at all like a fishing pier. You couldn't be bumping shoulders with other anglers if you wanted to. Sunlight, moreover, is a disinfectant (that's one reason that NYC subways are such a haven for pathogens.) 

Kil, be well. Some of the gang here are a little too worked up. 

3 mins ago, BrianBM said:

I wonder why these fishing bans? Are the crowds on local jetties that thick? The jetty surfaces I am seeing are rough and broken, not at all like a fishing pier. You couldn't be bumping shoulders with other anglers if you wanted to. Sunlight, moreover, is a disinfectant (that's one reason that NYC subways are such a haven for pathogens.) 

You my friend just don't get it.

If you can when everything is cleared up Sebastian inlet is very productive when snook fishing. If wanting to fish at night by you’re self buy some firstlighttackle flair hawks and fish the south jetty catwalk. Let me know how you do tight lines .

4 hours ago, BrianBM said:

There were two  conona virus cases in the town for the first time yesterday and banned the beach activities including fishing for a week. I think it is precautionary measure. 

There is plenty of room at the jetty. I saw many lady anglers there.

20200326_123643.jpg

On 3/23/2020 at 10:03 PM, ksong said:

Yes. I am using 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special  2 oz - 8 oz

ksong  are any of the rods you use from the beach a 50/50 split in 10ft to 11ft  

7 hours ago, ksong said:

There were two  conona virus cases in the town for the first time yesterday and banned the beach activities including fishing for a week. I think it is precautionary measure. 

There is plenty of room at the jetty. I saw many lady anglers there.

20200326_123643.jpg

The point of closing off access to fishing spots (and bars, restaurants,  etc.) is to keep people inside who otherwise lack the sense to do so on their own. 

Keep in mind if there are two cases in town, there are significantly more undiagnosed cases within the town for people who are either mildly symptomatic, asymptomatic, or who will develop serious symptoms in the coming days and weeks. 

Staying inside for a few weeks is such a small sacrifice to make. Just do it.