ksong

Fishing in Florida for a month

Rate this topic

160 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, turkaholic said:

Just canceled my 7 days in Marathon. What a drag! I’ve been casting my 10 weight in the yard for the last 3 months freezing my butt off getting in shape. I’m looking at the getting there as soon as things allow for it.  

You'll be ready for Stripers in the Spring with that 10 wt.

5 hours ago, ksong said:

Big tarpon I. Fro t of World Wide Sportman Shop in Islamarada in the key.

20200320_163105.jpg

20200320_163207.jpg

Hold a shrimp out over the dock in your lips! New best friends. 

Great pics.

I did not get any bite last night. I think it is something to do with moon tide. I am fishing g Everglade National Park today. All roads are closed to the park as of today and we have to go from key Largo.

20200321_064842.jpg

Ksong just stay in one place man. You’re potentially spreading Covid19 all over southern Florida. Somethings in life are more important than catching fish and preventing a pandemic is one of them. 

4 hours ago, z-man said:

Ksong just stay in one place man. You’re potentially spreading Covid19 all over southern Florida. Somethings in life are more important than catching fish and preventing a pandemic is one of them. 

????

I think it is better stop posting Florida reports.

Yep, Just do your thing, sounds like your doing it right . Got back from Big Pine just before the sh t hit the fan.Fishing was good , for me at least . Flats 90% of the time , however , lots of folks fishing bridges , reefs . Breaks my heart seeing World Wide on Islamorada LoL, word to the wise , don’t “ drag a tarpon up on the sand for a photo” , this is not only a violation , but ignorant . Have a great time . 

2 hours ago, oneeyewilly said:

Yep, Just do your thing, sounds like your doing it right . Got back from Big Pine just before the sh t hit the fan.Fishing was good , for me at least . Flats 90% of the time , however , lots of folks fishing bridges , reefs . Breaks my heart seeing World Wide on Islamorada LoL, word to the wise , don’t “ drag a tarpon up on the sand for a photo” , this is not only a violation , but ignorant . Have a great time . 

Sebastian Inlet State Park closed along with most jetties on the East Coast.

I guess I fish only on boats now. :)

55 mins ago, DrBob said:

Travelling around fishing at this time is just plain stupid and irresponsible.  Not sure what certain people don't get...

Agreed and going on a boat with strangers is ridiculous. Florida has 13 covid deaths now so it is established there and spreading. 

Kil ! U r hardcore dude! The sacrifices u r

willing to endure in order to catch is awe

inspiring. I was on the edge of my seat when

u were having trouble keeping those pomps

honest. PM your address so I can send u some

masks I will try and lift from some dopey ambulance

that forgets to lock their door. Stay safe Lil Buddy!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had to find jetties open and I found it though I had to drive a long way.

I arrived there at 6 pm. One angler said he had three red drum on spoon averaging 30 lb - 35 lb for three hours fishing. 

I am ready for tomorrow. Though I saw banana at grocery shop, I am confident I can land a nice drum tomorrow. :)

The technique they use is exactly same as jigging in Cap Cod Canal. I with I had Al Gag jigs with me. :)

20200323_165525.jpg

20200323_165755.jpg

20200323_173023.jpg

Edited by ksong