ksong

Fishing in Florida for a month

Rate this topic

160 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I am staying in the US.  I cancelled Andaman trip in April and i am going to cancel Panama trip in May and Cabos trip in July.

For a month, I am going to fish around Florida solo.  While fishing I will stay away from other anglers. It was my daughter' recommendation to stay in Florida for a month as she concerned about my age.

I would be more concerned with catching Covid19 at a hotel or gas station than from other fisherman. Stay safe and be careful of what surfaces you touch in your travels. 

My brother is leaving florida to come back home.  People in Naples are starting to get sick, hospital is getting crowded.  Everything is closing.    When I was down there most of the retired folks in those golf communities had their grandkids visiting them.  That was about two weeks ago. I am sure this is only the beginning.  

As for those kids on the beach.this is the youth of today.  Look at their role models..hollywood, corrupt politicians, destroy what you dont agree with.....these are the kids bernie wants to give your money to so they can go to free college and party at our expense.future politicians..screw them. We are all doomed.  The virus is hitting the wrong age group.

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, ksong said:

I tried pompano with sandflea. I thought pompano fishing is easy, but it is not.

I waited solid bites, but baits are gone most of times. 

Drum bites are non-existent daytime.   As the park open from 8 am to 5 pm from tomorrow, I got to find new places to fish.

20200319_185717.jpg

Is it closed at night because of the Corona virus?
if so, it really does not make sense since most visitors are crowded during the day time. 

Perhaps  you need a rod with a better sensitivity for the pompano.

Edited by levari

I rented an apartment for a month instead of staying in motels everyday due to corona virus concern. The only time I cantact with others is when I touch handles of doors. I use a paper towel when I touched the handles and throw them away.

Whenever I have to talk with others, I keep distance.

I minimize to go restaurants or grocery stores by cooking myself.

1 hour ago, Brdhntr47 said:

Just announced. All Rentals and Hotels in the Keys are to close on Sunday.

Unless you are a renter of more than 28 days

16 mins ago, aneary said:

Unless you are a renter of more than 28 days

And presently there. The way I’m reading it there will be no new rentals.

Hope you brought some extra line.  In my experience those key bridge-hooked tarpon are well trained to swim back under the bridge and do their best to try to wrap you up in the abutments, spool you or break your rod (gasp).  Still tons of fun while it lasts, but a difficult situation to land one in.  Good luck and stay safe.

Just canceled my 7 days in Marathon. What a drag! I’ve been casting my 10 weight in the yard for the last 3 months freezing my butt off getting in shape. I’m looking at the getting there as soon as things allow for it.  

I did a quick trip to the Keys in the '90's for a day or two.  

I don't think it was as built up as it was today.

My girlfriend and I had a great time while we were there.   

Pretty cool Key!!!