ksong

Fishing in Florida for a month

Rate this topic

160 posts in this topic

17 mins ago, mybosox3 said:

In the keys now through mid may... beaches are closed... but join me if you like..

As long as bridge fishing is allowed, I will there soon.

All state parks limited hours 8am to 5pm.  No reservations for camping, all activities canceled.

Beaches of the West Coast Sarasota to Tampa are on a town/county closure basis.  Right now they are open but groups of 10 or less

I'm hoping to leave for Jupiter april  1st. I dont think a few  people out swimming and fishing is going to spread a virus around. Closing beaches is idiotic when wawa is still open. Just dont get up close with strangers sh.. has gone too far.

8 mins ago, anb5 said:

Get a tarpon Ksong!!!!!!

I love to. But all jetties in Miami area are closed.

That is why I look for info whether bridge fishing is allowed in the keys.

I tried pompano with sandflea. I thought pompano fishing is easy, but it is not.

I waited solid bites, but baits are gone most of times. 

Drum bites are non-existent daytime.   As the park open from 8 am to 5 pm from tomorrow, I got to find new places to fish.

20200319_185717.jpg

Ft Myers beach not only is closed to all activities, including walking but a fine can be imposed up to $5000.00

marco Island has closed their public beaches. 

Or maybe you could try heading home

and riding this thing out, like millions

of others are. Maybe bouncing around

the state at this point might not be the

best idea? But I sure hope you get that

tarpon! If u do, be sure and drag it up on

the sand for some pics. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

With all due respect Mr Ksong, considering your world wide travels,have you been tested for the Corona virus?
Just wondering what you are dealing with in all your travels.

Edited by olvart

10 hours ago, Jim McFeeley said:

I'm hoping to leave for Jupiter april  1st. I dont think a few  people out swimming and fishing is going to spread a virus around. Closing beaches is idiotic when wawa is still open. Just dont get up close with strangers sh.. has gone too far.

All the dumb college kids ruined the beach scene. It was done to send them back home.  These idiots are running around where the most vulnerable population is saying they deserve to party and screw the old people.   If you see a bunch of college kids in your travels kick them in the groin and say thank you idiot.

1 min ago, Baccigalup said:

All the dumb college kids ruined the beach scene. It was done to send them back home.  These idiots are running around where the most vulnerable population is saying they deserve to party and screw the old people.   If you see a bunch of college kids in your travels kick them in the groin and say thank you idiot.

This is our sentiment too. That tv video of those two young women, one saying she doesn’t care about the virus and the next saying old people die so they don’t vote. This and the overall picture of the number of young people on the beach made this happen. 

8 mins ago, olvart said:

With all due respect Mr Ksong, considering your world wide travels,have you been tested for the Corona virus?
Just wondering what you are dealing with in all your travels.

I am staying in the US.  I cancelled Andaman trip in April and i am going to cancel Panama trip in May and Cabos trip in July.

For a month, I am going to fish around Florida solo.  While fishing I will stay away from other anglers. It was my daughter' recommendation to stay in Florida for a month as she concerned about my age.