If you haven't gotten your night permit/4x4....

Rate this topic

Lost Cause

Just a heads up to anyone who hasn't gotten their permits yet. I found out the hard way save yourself the trip cause you cannot get the permit in person with everything going on. After calling the parks HQ I found out you can do them online and they will be mailed to you. Same deadline still applies. I was given the link by calling this number ‭(631) 669-1000‬. 

Edited by Lost Cause

To access the instructions the process is as follows: go to the NYS parks home page and scroll down to the bottom. Under "Inside our agency" there's a link for regions, click that. Then click on number 9 Long Island.

From there scroll down to the permit section under the map. Click the 4th from the bottom titled: 2020 Dashboard Permit Applications-requirements for mail-in/email.

37 mins ago, Lost Cause said:

To access the instructions the process is as follows: go to the NYS parks home page and scroll down to the bottom. Under "Inside our agency" there's a link for regions, click that. Then click on number 9 Long Island.

From there scroll down to the permit section under the map. Click the 4th from the bottom titled: 2020 Dashboard Permit Applications-requirements for mail-in/email.

Thanks dude. Good directions. I didn't get there 100% the way you did. After a dead end I search for 2020 dashboard permit apps and it came right up. Tight lines!

March 31

If you are talking about 4x4 and night fishing in State Parks

Edited by Popasilov

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Keep on mind there are several areas/towns in both Suffolk and Nassau county that sells nigh fishing permits, separate of state parks.

Those may be available through whole year.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

1 hour ago, RyanPost said:

Oh right around the corner, getting mine tomorrow. Thank you.

There was a talk that those are available on the line, now.

- Henry Ford-

Called Montauk Downs about driving out last week. They mailed me the forms. I got totally lost on the website, forms weren’t clear as well. There’s no place on the application to say what you want, other than the “Office Space only, Do not Write below line”. Sent it in last week, hope Post Office doesn’t screw it up.

"Ban Pre-shredded Cheese, Make America Grate Again"

On 3/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, Lost Cause said:

Thanks for the help , spot on