HL

i'm saturated with virus and political news

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Hi all,

SOL seems to be the only safe mental haven.

And the discomfort level has really only just begun. 

The only time in 20 years I wasn't able to go to Cape Cod for Stripers was when I ruptured my Achilles tendon and now with the virus.

Rita and I canceled our May-June 2020 trip.  Landlord returned all money - didn't have to do that.  Quality people!!

I'll miss all the great people I fish with and the PTown locals.

We made tentative plans with landlord - because we really don't know how long this will go on - to go to the Cape mid Sept to mid October.

Ironically this year will be the year that the Bass will be early because of the very mild winter - and I won't be there.

I don't know if I want to hear good news from those lucky enough to live close - or I want to live vicariously.

I think I'll take vicarious.

Keep safe everyone.

Herb

Nothing to do but stay safe, tye up some flys an go outside for walks to stay in shape. Go cast at a local body of water to get practice. Go fishing, that's a good thing as fishermen hate to he crowded anyway. My parents made it through the Great Depression i think we're just as tough. Call elderly neighbors to help out nothing feels better than helping each other. Stay safe, we'll get through this.

I agree, all everyone is hearing is about is COVID 19. I think it was smart to cancel your trip. I am a health care worker who works in ICU's. I am actually a bit scared. I think we are only beginning to see how bad it will get. Nevermind the fact that we do not even have the correct equipment we need to protect ourselves within hospitals. We will be out of the small amount of protective equipment we do have in about 2-3 weeks. Now staff members are being forced to quarantine AND we have to use our OWN PTO/ET.  Everyone stay safe out there. Stay at home and wash your hands. 

Walked into a liquor store yesterday with a dust mask on. Got a lotta stares, and one guy asked if I was sick, I said no and I plan to stay that way. But people did keep their distance so that worked well. Felt like an ass but better than dead, and I’m high risk group. One piece of advice if you’re over 65 and haven’t got your pneumonia shots (there’s 2 a year apart) see if you can get one. As with flu, I suspect it’s often the secondary bacterial infections that kill people rather than the virus. Good luck and God bless everyone, esp you health care workers. You are the heroes in this epidemic. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It might not be the safest or healthiest place to be in a motel, bed and breakfast place or hotel, but being outdoors and fishing is still the safest. Not much chance of virus spreading secluded on the water. Just make longer day trips with your car. That shouldn't stop you from fishing. More chance of a sea gull pooping on you than catching a virus !

Edited by Capt.Castafly

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Nothing to do but stay safe, tye up some flys an go outside for walks to stay in shape. Go cast at a local body of water to get practice. Go fishing, that's a good thing as fishermen hate to he crowded anyway. My parents made it through the Great Depression i think we're just as tough. Call elderly neighbors to help out nothing feels better than helping each other. Stay safe, we'll get through this.

Great Advise!  Thanks Salty!

My daughter tipped me off on Dial Soap.

It's Antibacterial @ bars to the package at the Dollar Tree! Rubbing Alcohol is in short supply!  The harder you rub you fingers and hands together the more it removes whatever is there.

20 seconds my buttocks.  2 minutes for me with Dial.

Edited by RJ

The beaches here in Naples have been shut down. As a result I can't go for my sunset fishing/walk. The beach I fish does not have a lot of people so I felt fairly safe.

Stay safe.

Just an FYI for everyone, wearing masks in public is probably not needed based on the current evidence we have available. Seems as though you can be infected by being with in 6ft of an infected individual for around 10 minutes. It seems to be spread quite easily by fomite, meaning it is aerosolized and falls down on surfaces. Then when someone touches that surface and touch their face, mouth, eyes, nose, etc. they can become infected. I think washing hands is a much better way to prevent innoculation rather than masks. But, if it makes you feel better to wear a mask, continue to do so. Everyone is so stressed out and if that makes you feel better theres no harm as long as you are not touching the front of the mask. One point to avoid wearing/buying masks is that healthcare workers are running out of masks, and they are performing tasks where you do need to wear one. Additionally, health care workers are almost always with in 6ft of patients for greater than 10 minutes. Just food for thought. Stay safe everyone. All I can say is that I am definetly looking forward to doing some fishing once I have a day off. 

On 3/18/2020 at 10:56 AM, HL said:

Hi all,

SOL seems to be the only safe mental haven.

And the discomfort level has really only just begun. 

The only time in 20 years I wasn't able to go to Cape Cod for Stripers was when I ruptured my Achilles tendon and now with the virus.

Rita and I canceled our May-June 2020 trip.  Landlord returned all money - didn't have to do that.  Quality people!!

I'll miss all the great people I fish with and the PTown locals.

We made tentative plans with landlord - because we really don't know how long this will go on - to go to the Cape mid Sept to mid October.

Ironically this year will be the year that the Bass will be early because of the very mild winter - and I won't be there.

I don't know if I want to hear good news from those lucky enough to live close - or I want to live vicariously.

I think I'll take vicarious.

Keep safe everyone.

Herb

Hang in there Herb 

things will get better most important right now is stay healthy and safe.

maybe the stripers will welcome a little less pressure this spring and come back strong in the fall.

need to find the silver lining in all of this.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:03 PM, HL said:

Don't forget - the Covid-19 is a virus.  Not bacteria.

Herb

It's a protein surrounded by a layer of lipids, soap (any variety), alcohol, and bleach are all effective.