Heads up Jersey people

Rate this topic

Irishfire18

18 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

I understand that but to make a statement saying that every person visiting the ER will be infected tomorrow sounds like it's a bit much.

I believe a lot of people are currently carriers and not showing any signs no matter the age group. No way to quantify that number.

3 mins ago, Sheisty said:

I believe a lot of people are currently carriers and not showing any signs no matter the age group. No way to quantify that number.

^this.. With so many requisites to get a test due to shortage of kits combined with how contagious this thing is Im 100% that the official numbers are only the tip of the iceberg. Its in the community. People are catching it far away from some of the hotspots. And just bc you may be young or healthy is no excuse to catch and spread.Everyone needs to buckle up hunker down and ride this out.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:08 PM, Irishfire18 said:

The hospitals really F_ck up . Never tested people moved them around floors for a week and when they crashed  they went HOLY SH_T.

First off - thank you Irishfire18 for sharing your first hand experience and concerns.  I hope everyone in your family pulls through.  In furtherance of your points: The hospitals must possess the tests in order to give the tests. That's the real travesty here - a brutal lack of preparation that we're all paying for.

On 3/18/2020 at 3:03 AM, outfished1957 said:

So this should already be well planned out and being done RIGHT NOW. Not starting two, three, four weeks from now. Or whenever. I'm a numb scull  (high school graduate- 12 th grade education) and am thinking of this. How come the government with all the brilliant scientists and politicians can't think ahead two inches in front of their noses. 

Well, if you fire them, disband the task forces they're on and ultimately ignore them by claiming it's all a hoax, then it doesn't matter how brilliant they are. 

23 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Those who think this is all some big joke/political hoax.

The sad part about the third group is that nothing we as a society do will appease them.  If we take it seriously and totally lock down, keep this thing under control and prevent it from getting out of hand, they will say we overacted and it will "confirm" to them that this was all fake.  If we do too little and it spreads like it did in Italy, suddenly they will say we didn't do enough and someone will bear the blunt of their blame.  

Spot on.

16 hours ago, Goldy said:

That's not true, they are offering drive up testing centers if not already... 

Incorrect, as the other poster pointed out.  Would be nice if that was in fact the case.  It is not.  

I think it is human nature to minimize and rationalize the danger, I do it every time I'm scrambling to and from slippery rocks in the middle of the night.  However, this is a whole different deal which requires a level of cooperation as a society that I don't think any of us has ever had to comply with.  And in order to advance and maintain that level of cooperation requires consistent messaging from our elected leaders, which IMO, to put it mildly, has been lacking - the numbers don't lie.  I'll just leave it at that.  

Edited by daves745t
Just b/c you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD....
(what you do DOES make a difference - be accountable)
BigWave Dave

On 3/18/2020 at 5:31 AM, cartopper said:

Not sure I understand your math.  “60% of the population” . . . What population?  Population of those infected?  Population of Mon/Oc Cty’s?

Your claims are frightening and I hope you have something other than anecdotal evidence.   

One of the "experts" last weekend said something on the order of 15X what you find is what you have but most will get through it without treatment or testing. This was from Italian info extrapolated to the US. We won't know what we have until all the testing is in place. Just have to remember that when those frightening case numbers come out in the weeks ahead that many already had / have it with minimal to no symptoms. The real problem is that they ( healthy carriers ) can pass it along to the vulnerable.

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

^this.. With so many requisites to get a test due to shortage of kits combined with how contagious this thing is Im 100% that the official numbers are only the tip of the iceberg. Its in the community. People are catching it far away from some of the hotspots. And just bc you may be young or healthy is no excuse to catch and spread.Everyone needs to buckle up hunker down and ride this out.

There is no kit shortage. It's a testing delay. The test kits are just regular containers with a different color. The logistics and the erroneous test is what has caused the delay. 

16 hours ago, oneeyewilly said:

I can understand someone having an emotional investment in what’s going on around us at present . Effected family members , friends , self . However, and no disrespect intended at all , I find it odd that someone with 35yrs. of FDNY expierience , including being active / pulling tours during the WTC response , SS Sandy and too many runs to count during an extreamly long career would sound so terrified & panicked , again , no disrespect , I’m only pointing out my observation & opinion . Your “ sure “ you have contracted the virus ? Without being tested ? Statements such as this sound panicked to my ears . I hope everything works out favorably for you and your family. My self & my family are taking this issue seriously , however , calm , clear heads shall prevail. I have faith in our ability to overcome this as a people & a Nation, God Bless America . 

Not terrified or panicked just trying to let people know this is real and your state is way behind the eight ball.  What I saw at the hospital was exactly what you should not do.  They shut the barn door after the horses left. All I’m telling people is keep an eye on the 10%.  I can assume  my wife and I have it as told by the doctors. Mild symptoms but we are healthy . It is a week since the fist positive case in my family and up to today the only way I could get tested is to go through the whole ER process then they rule out everything then call the state in to give us a test. The county dept of health calls me everyday and said drive thru is suppose to go on line soon but not yet. Also I put all the out there to let people know what is happening.  You could go on the Asbury park press web site and read about the Fu_k Up in Freehold . It’s was a major F up in Monmouth Medical center with more then one patient. Also Raritan  Bay Medical center . So you can take it however you want. It is what it is with my family just want people to know.   This is contagious and most people show on symptoms.  All you have to do is ask someone you know that works in a hospital. Stay safe

14 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

I hope he's got no evidence at all, is simply overreacting, and is 100% wrong.

Only evidence I have is what I have been living for the past week and a half. Family experience in two hospitals and an article in the press with another hospital. Been on phone with Monmouth health everyday along with medical personal. Just remember there are no easy test available yet . So when it gets going numbers are going to rise . Watch the 10 % 

…. an understatement.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

7 hours ago, Irishfire18 said:

Only evidence I have is what I have been living for the past week and a half. Family experience in two hospitals and an article in the press with another hospital. Been on phone with Monmouth health everyday along with medical personal. Just remember there are no easy test available yet . So when it gets going numbers are going to rise . Watch the 10 % 

Of course the numbers are going to rise.  We likely have MILLIONS that are affected right now, and for most, they don't even know it.

10 hours ago, Irishfire18 said:

There is new info about its starting with Gastrointestinal problems coming out now and that’s how it stated with my family. Nobody took that serious a week ago. It wasn’t until a few days later that they got the other symptoms that they were looking for

Coronavirus presenting initially with gastrointestinal symptoms...very interesting. Haven't heard that yet..good to know. Hard to make sense of that since "they" say it mainly goes after the lungs. So what type of gastrointestinal problems stuff your are you referring to if you dont mind me asking... diarrhea?

Btw appreciate you spreading awareness on this based off your first hand experiences. Sometimes I get a little numb because of all the hype but your info is helping me keep my eye on the ball.

Test have proven that the virus can live 1 day on cardboard (dollar Bills?) and 3 days on metal (except copper, only 5 hours). When you come out of Wawa or any store you may be given a handful of bills and coins that 30 people or more may have touched just that day. Let alone, the coins for the last 3 days. My suggestion is start using your credit cards and forget the cash for the foreseeable future. Mike Bodner

Edited by outfished1957