Irishfire18

Heads up Jersey people

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

Just a heads up people this virus is serious. Your going to have major outbreaks in Monmouth and Ocean counties.    The hospitals really F_ck up . Never tested people moved them around floors for a week and when they crashed  they went HOLY SH_T. Happened to numerous people and in numerous hospitals. Have first hand knowledge because it happened to my family.  Guys I did 35 years in FDNY and this tops 9/11 and Sandy combined.  Older people and people with preexisting conditions should hide. It is so contagious. I can not stress the enough.  Basically 60% of the population have no symptoms but are contagious. 15% cold symptoms and 15% flu. But that 10 % it could it a death sentence..     Wish everyone the best stay safe.

Yes it serious. Attacks the lungs and can be deadly. Even young healthy people are dieing from it. Not a joke. Wonder how long this will last and how much worse it will get.

1 hour ago, mike07gsxr said:

Yes it serious. Attacks the lungs and can be deadly. Even young healthy people are dieing from it. Not a joke. Wonder how long this will last and how much worse it will get.

good time for you to quit smoking Mike

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yea. Its getting REAL now. My wife is not a healthy girl. I am. Both in 60s. Her doctor. told her not to leave house. If she gets it, it will kill her. Her doctor told her that the U.S. is woefully under prepared in all ways and this is really going to blow up big time. An example is above post by fellow starting thread. China got a hold of it real fast and locked people down , plus numerous other preventive measures. Built new hospitals, and other holding facilties for the sick ones in one month. That's why its almost stamped out there. Italy, Unprepared. US same way. Could be really bad. I think, the only chance this thing is stopped here in U.S. my be the warm weather coming. But that's iffy and also Unknown. Vaccine 12 to 18 months away.

Edited by outfished1957

The US should have already started building/setting up, MASH style emergency tents, fast build structures, etc to handle the overflow that the hospitals wont be able to handle. Numerous locations in every state. The hospitals will run out of beds and rooms almost immediately. I still haven't hear a word about that being discussed. Instead all the powers to be are worried more about the stock market, what the virus will do with unemployment numbers, economic fixes.  Which will be needed. No doubt. But it should not be the number one priority right now.  Containing this thing as much as possible should be. In Italy and other countries , now, if your over 70 or 80, I think and have the virus. They tell you to stay home and die basically. No room in the inn left. .............So this should already be well planned out and being done RIGHT NOW. Not starting two, three, four weeks from now. Or whenever. I'm a numb scull  (high school graduate- 12 th grade education) and am thinking of this. How come the government with all the brilliant scientists and politicians can't think ahead two inches in front of their noses. YOU WATCH HOW IT GOES DOWN VERY SHORTLY. Its no joke. JMO, of course, Mike

Edited by outfished1957

Just a side not. You have many thousands of spring break college students in Florida and other places. On crowded beaches, bars, etc. Wait til they all come home. Most could care less about social distancing or the virus spread.  That's a ticking time bomb if it is.

Edited by outfished1957

11 hours ago, Irishfire18 said:

Just a heads up people this virus is serious. Your going to have major outbreaks in Monmouth and Ocean counties.    The hospitals really F_ck up . Never tested people moved them around floors for a week and when they crashed  they went HOLY SH_T. Happened to numerous people and in numerous hospitals. Have first hand knowledge because it happened to my family.  Guys I did 35 years in FDNY and this tops 9/11 and Sandy combined.  Older people and people with preexisting conditions should hide. It is so contagious. I can not stress the enough.  Basically 60% of the population have no symptoms but are contagious. 15% cold symptoms and 15% flu. But that 10 % it could it a death sentence..     Wish everyone the best stay safe.

Not sure I understand your math.  “60% of the population” . . . What population?  Population of those infected?  Population of Mon/Oc Cty’s?

Your claims are frightening and I hope you have something other than anecdotal evidence.   

46 mins ago, cartopper said:

Not sure I understand your math.  “60% of the population” . . . What population?  Population of those infected?  Population of Mon/Oc Cty’s?

Your claims are frightening and I hope you have something other than anecdotal evidence.   

That 80% would be the population that gets infected, which is estimated to be around 70% of all Americans. Evidence is not anecdotal, they are statistics from the CDC.

12 hours ago, Irishfire18 said:

60% of what population?

15 mins ago, HighEndHooker said:

That 80% would be the population that gets infected, which is estimated to be around 70% of all Americans. Evidence is not anecdotal, they are statistics from the CDC.

Could you provide a link to the CDC that shows 70% of the US population will become infected by COVID-19?  I’ve seen some “worse case” scenarios that 214 million US citizens could become infected.  But that’s at the very top end of the very worst case scenario.  

Is the OP suggesting we are experiencing worse case scenario as of this moment?

I don’t believe stating the extreme high end of a worse case scenario that is one of several models the CDC is reporting to be responsible. 

That is extremely misleading and what creates unnecessary panic.  IMO

To be fair though.....they did not test most people and used fluctuating metrics based on symptons to decide who has it and who does. #yousmelledityoudealtit So of course there are a lot of folks misdiagnosed and possibly infecting others. However......its not ebola...

We have three groups of people here:

Those who hoard toilet paper and should go kick rocks.

Those who prepare as they should and take social distancing/heed warnings as they should.

Those who think this is all some big joke/political hoax.

The sad part about the third group is that nothing we as a society do will appease them.  If we take it seriously and totally lock down, keep this thing under control and prevent it from getting out of hand, they will say we overacted and it will "confirm" to them that this was all fake.  If we do too little and it spreads like it did in Italy, suddenly they will say we didn't do enough and someone will bear the blunt of their blame.  Either way, no one wins.  Personally, I'm forced to go to work and come in contact with a lot of people traveling all over the world.  I'm staying calm, I'm prepared, and I'm going fishing in my usual spots: Away from all you filthy animals!

Edited by Bluetaildragger

Remember the H1N1 outbreak that killed 12,000 (12 Thousand) Americans?

Neither do I.

I think there may be someover reaction going on here. I was at a Pa emergency room on sunday. No crowds, one guy with a mask on.

17 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

We have three groups of people here:

Those who hoard toilet paper and should go kick rocks.

Those who prepare as they should and take social distancing/heed warnings as they should.

Those who think this is all some big joke/political hoax.

The sad part about the third group is that nothing we as a society do will appease them.  If we take it seriously and totally lock down, keep this thing under control and prevent it from getting out of hand, they will say we overacted and it will "confirm" to them that this was all fake.  If we do too little and it spreads like it did in Italy, suddenly they will say we didn't do enough and someone will bear the blunt of their blame.  Either way, no one wins.  Personally, I'm forced to go to work and come in contact with a lot of people traveling all over the world.  I'm staying calm, I'm prepared, and I'm going fishing in my usual spots: Away from all you filthy animals!

First group is the most dangerous, as they cause the hysteria, and nanny state.