hmarchetti

WTB: Butt section 4 pc. Scott S4S 9'0 10wt

7 posts in this topic

Long shot but...

I hope to replace the butt section of 4 pc 9'0" 10 wt S4S. Contacted Scott about repair but the rod is not registered under my name, so the repair fee is pretty high. Does anyone have this rod section in their graveyard of rod parts? Let me know! 

2 hours ago, chicky said:

How much is the repair fee out of curiosity?

$175 for the butt section plus $50 shipping/handling fee. Front sections $100 ea. Not an unreasonable price but I bought the rod for $300.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not an unreasonable fee considering the cork work, reel seat and inscription.

They may use pre-made grips - but if not - I pay $3.00+ per cork ring for good cork.  That's $60 right there.

What's wring with butt section?

can't believe it broke - unless you ran it over or closed a car door on it.

Herb

Edited by HL

Agreed, not unreasonable. Just being conscious of my initial investment. I took a pretty big fall and landed on the rod and it broke just below the first ferrule 

Won't swear to it, but, I believe Scott fits each section individually for each rod. So if you could even find a section, it may not fit well enough to use without it breaking again. But I wish you the best of luck.

56 mins ago, acesover said:

Won't swear to it, but, I believe Scott fits each section individually for each rod. So if you could even find a section, it may not fit well enough to use without it breaking again. But I wish you the best of luck.

good point, thanks for that thought