big popper

How will COVID-19 affect fishing

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

what impact do you think it will have, i would imagine charter boats , party boats, tournaments will be impacted.  

Just now, big popper said:

what impact do you think it will have, i would imagine charter boats , party boats, tournaments will be impacted.  

Less boats on water.... more fish in the surf for surfcasters... last few years have been a boaters dream.... this year surfcasters heaven

3 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

Less boats on water.... more fish in the surf for surfcasters... last few years have been a boaters dream.... this year surfcasters heaven

never thought of it that way...interesting

Wondering how will it impact surf fishing at night with possible curfews in effect....

What I fear is the government making all trips out of the house for emergencies only (food, pharm, doctors). That would be really rough.

People out of work will fish for family food more people than ever. also no food in supermarkets no water,no T. P.,sane wipes and so on. Lock your cars its a jungle out there.

Posted (edited)

I took a ride to a North Shore beach on Longisland yesterday....it was packed! I was just driving through, saw one guy with a rod the rest were just people with nothing else to do I guess. Could go either way. 

Edited by jk20a3

Should be a boon to shore fishing, because most of the time you can find spots away from groups unless you are in an urban environment or the CCC. The only wild card is potential state and local park closures, limiting parking access. 

surfcasting is one of the very few recreational sports that doesn't involve any other players except for the fish.

2 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Has nothing to do with fish in the surf.  They've been following the bait.

Florida is closing State Parks on Friday.

As far as I know that means all forms of fishing access.

Beaches,boat ramps etc....

I am betting the National Seashore and its parks will be right behind them.

It's all about access.